AMD used in Green low power consuming PC!

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
This Computer manufacturer is taking the environment seriously and has built a low power system using none other than the AMD BE-2300.
AMD is a wise choice for such a PC....AMD is leading the way!

Intel has ground to make up I believe

Artice:
http://www.vnunet.com/personal-computer-world/hardware/2197965/review-very-pc-green-pc-940

Quotes from Article:
Green is in, that's for sure, with electronics manufacturers queuing up to tout their environmentally friendly credentials

The processor is an AMD Athlon X2 BE-2300 dual-core chip running at 1.9GHz; Very PC tells us that free upgrades to the faster 2.1GHz chip are also available. The 'BE' is a codename for AMD's line of energy-efficient Brisbane processors, which draw only 45W of power compared to the 90-110W used by greedier chips

It comes with 1GB of DDR2 memory, which is sufficient to run the supplied Windows Vista Home Premium

when idle, power consumption sat just below 50W, only rising to around 60-70W when put under strain

AMD is saving the planet! AMD care about our electric Bills! AMD technology recommended! Intel are Evil! AMD4Life!

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
45W?!? Damn!!! Doesn't AMD have any Low Wattage Chips???

How about a Chip using 2.5w idle and only 27w under load.
Oh, and magnitudes faster.

Or Perhaps You want Intels Cheaper 35w TDP lower end chips that come in cheaper than the BE.

Thanks for the amusing article.

uk_gangsta

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006

IF AMD is saving the planet, them in going to revert over to intel, just for the shear spite that i am using that bit more energy and contributing to "global warming".

I hate environmentalists, there like the modern day hippie....Im sure they would all be happy if we lived in wood houses and drank boiled water as food. :fou:

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
First of all, I would simply question this article's validity. The author confused TDP with power consumption. They are not the same.

Secondly, this is getting old. Grow up.

Enough said.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
Global warming is no religion. It will always happen, no matter what. After global warming comes the Ice Age. The true question is, do we humans speed global warming up?

@yomamafor1
Didn't bother reading the article. :)

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Nope, no lockage, but there will be a lot of deletage.