[SOLVED] Amd User Gaming With Intel User?

Jun 12, 2020
Hi, I'm rather new to the whole PC gaming community (Been a console gamer my whole life) so I have a question, potentially a rather dumb one. My brother has an i7 GTX 1070 gaming PC. He convinced me to finally make the leap to PC gaming. I found an amazing gaming desktop that seems to meet all my gaming requirements as a casual & doesn't cost a whole lot. It's an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580. Now here's the potentially VERY DUMB question; can we both still game together even though we have competiting brands? I ask because I'm not sure about the basics. I assume Intel is it's own company while AMD is separate as well. So is it akin to an Xbox and a PS4 where we both can't game together? Or will we have no issues gaming co-op or online together despite owning opposing companies components? Thank you so much in advance.

Solution
Yes. You can play togeth.

PC Hardware doesn't make much a difference when it comes to computers communicating, hell not even the OS makes much of a difference since there are protocols in place that are standardized. Playing together comes down to more the game/server side of things.

Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo cant play together (for the most part) simply because they are competing game "services" and they have made it that way.

PC Hardware doesn't make much a difference when it comes to computers communicating, hell not even the OS makes much of a difference since there are protocols in place that are standardized. Playing together comes down to more the game/server side of things.

Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo cant play together (for the most part) simply because they are competing game "services" and they have made it that way.

Solution
Jun 12, 2020

Thank you for your reply. It has most certainly helped me make a decision. Have a good day.