Question amd-v

odehart

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
how do i activate amd-v on a ryzen 3 1300 running W10. VMware requires but the sources I have found assume a different bios/uefi setup. The Ryzen setup does not, so far as I can determine, have an option to do so.

odehart

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J42Y_iE8bs

the way to do it should not change between cpu's from same brand/generation.
all you need is your mobo or same brand on video.
it should be fairly simple and enabled by default though. can you check the version of vmware you got? maybe its an update problem.

It's VMware Work Station Pro 15.5.0 which I think is the latest VMware. Should is the operative word. Apparently the new Ryzen did not enable these 2 drivers. When I look at the Ryzen UEFI there doesn't seem to be a way to find or enable them. Nor do they appear anywhwere in the files created by the installation. I'd bet they're somewhere but I can't find them. Could they be in the registry? Haven't looked there yet.

It's VMware Work Station Pro 15.5.0 which I think is the latest VMware. Should is the operative word. Apparently the new Ryzen did not enable these 2 drivers. When I look at the Ryzen UEFI there doesn't seem to be a way to find or enable them. Nor do they appear anywhwere in the files created by the installation. I'd bet they're somewhere but I can't find them. Could they be in the registry? Haven't looked there yet.
In order to use any virtualization software it has to be enabled in the BIOS/UEFI, In my bIOS it' called SVM mode and it's disabled by default.