[SOLVED] AMD vs Intel IPC's these days?

darkthrone07

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Hello guys I've been out in the rig building game for awhile and planning to start again. As the title says I just wanna know how the new Ryzens pair up with the latest Intel chips. I ran an FX 8350 on an open loop a few years back and was very disappointed on the singlecore performance it had even when heavily OC'd.

Thanks!

Solution
You had good reason to be disappointed with the FX series, at this point though either is going to be a very solid choice.
If you are strictly gaming, intel IPC and clock speeds pull a slight edge over AMD, but its slight.
Overall, including price and non gaming performance, Ryzen is a strong contender.
You had good reason to be disappointed with the FX series, at this point though either is going to be a very solid choice.
If you are strictly gaming, intel IPC and clock speeds pull a slight edge over AMD, but its slight.
Overall, including price and non gaming performance, Ryzen is a strong contender.

Reactions: darkthrone07
Solution

darkthrone07

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016

Thanks for the quick response!. Yeah those bulldozers were very underwhelming. I ended up buying a used Dell office PC with a 4770 and slapped a GPU and been using it ever since.