[SOLVED] AMD vs Intel processors? Will mixing a Nvidia graphics card with an AMD processor cause issues?

Apr 16, 2020
I have heard from a few people that mixing an AMD CPU with an Nvidia GPU or a Intel CPU with an AMD GPU can cause compatibility and firmware issues and that generally Intel with Nvidia or AMD with AMD work better, however I am struggling to find any real information about this online?

Generally I prefer Nvidia GPUs to AMD GPUs however looking online most reviews tend to favor AMD CPUs in both performance and value, however in saying that I am not terribly fond of AMD GPUs and would much prefer the Nvidia GPU but I don't want to break the bank with a comparable Intel CPU, does anyone have any input on this? Is this something I need to be wary of? Have AMD GPUs gotten better over the past years? Also if I were to go with an Intel CPU what is a good cooler to go with it?

Currently looking towards the RTX2070 super and i7-9700K or the Radeon 5700 XT GPU with Radeon 7 3700x CPU

Solution
I have heard from a few people that mixing an AMD CPU with an Nvidia GPU or a Intel CPU with an AMD GPU can cause compatibility and firmware issues and that generally Intel with Nvidia or AMD with AMD work better, however I am struggling to find any real information about this online?

It's because it's false, there is no proof that using a those parts together causing compatability issues or performance issues.

I'd probably go 3700X & 2070S because of stuff like Nvidia PhysX that I still utilize.

BP-Abdullah

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
Hi , No there's no problem if you mix up Intel/AMD cpu with a Nvidia/AMD gpu

AMD GPU's is very strong and powerful but the problem is their software and drivers

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan

It's because it's false, there is no proof that using a those parts together causing compatability issues or performance issues.

I'd probably go 3700X & 2070S because of stuff like Nvidia PhysX that I still utilize.

Solution

Generally I prefer Nvidia GPUs to AMD GPUs however looking online most reviews tend to favor AMD CPUs in both performance and value, however in saying that I am not terribly fond of AMD GPUs and would much prefer the Nvidia GPU but I don't want to break the bank with a comparable Intel CPU, does anyone have any input on this? Is this something I need to be wary of? Have AMD GPUs gotten better over the past years? Also if I were to go with an Intel CPU what is a good cooler to go with it?

Currently looking towards the RTX2070 super and i7-9700K or the Radeon 5700 XT GPU with Radeon 7 3700x CPU
Only on the r/AyyMD Reddit...where they'll probably start a petition to deny your application as an Approved AMD FanBoy :)