AMD vs. Intel Strange Conspiracy theory?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
This is a strange one that I have been wondering and looking into, and observing for a long time. I was told by a source that is obviously not dependible but humor me, that intel cpu's are no match to amd due to the theory (it's rediculous but humor it) intentional replacement,and the cpu is designed to get slower after time which is why they never release cpus on the same mobo platform like amd and theychange constantly to get more money. I know this a lame conspiracy but I wan to get some honest opinions about that. Is there any truth to that at all or is is trash. the biggest question is I want to know the history of amd vs. intel because it also was claimed that overtime amd cpu's will work better than intel and amd has always been better. Intel fanboys rejoice because i'm ready for anyting I have strong feeling so don't be afraid to attack me. amd fanboys are wecome to have their say as well. have at it.

As a side note, I'm not really swayed either way as a fanboy to either company, my decision is decided by the almighty dollar. so far amd has consistantly been the better value enjoy. feel free to flame coment the post on my blog about this too.
http://rokk-itscientistblog.blogspot.com/

Solution
Complete garbage. CPUs don't get slower over time. Operating systems however can get slower over time, but this is easily remedied with a reinstallation of the OS.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Probably no more than you got flamed in the flame-enticing post that you started last time.... Face it, you just aren't flame material.

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I'm offended no one's asked what I think of all of this. For me the question it all comes down to is when, and why? When will AMD release it's "killer CPU" and why did they do it at that time. Why does intel charge $1000 for a processor that their competitors equivalent costs $200, and when will this processor be obsolete? (I give it about 4 more months). and also to prove it AMD and Intel just decided to kiss and make up and settle their lawsuits, why was that necessary? think about that. ( I'm surprised this post lasted this long probably because no actual fact based definitive answer was given.)

They do it because they can. If AMD could get away with charging that much they most certainly would! There are a lot of companies to which $1000 for a CPU chip is pretty trivial compared to the rest of the hardware and software infrastructure needed to run a high-uptime, high-performance system. They don't mind paying that kind of money for something they think is best of breed. Apparently (judging from pricing), they're not willing to pay as much for AMD chips.

That doesn't necessarily mean AMD's chips aren't as good, it just means most companies are more comfortable with Intel for whatever reason. Sometimes it's just inertia. Sometimes it's perception of better support. Most of it is pretty irrelevant to a typical desktop user.

He got it before I knew him. Met him playing TF2. Got it as a christmas gift. Poor guys PSU went out too. Luckily it was still under warranty so he didn't have to fork out $300 for a new decent 1KW PSU.

Lol

I highly doubt BM ever got a quad FX. He talked the talk but he sure as hell never walked the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS