AMD VS INTEL (ULTIMATE GAMING PC)

Raestlinhc

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003
I want to build THE ULTIMATE GAMING PC.
I am still not sure what it will be.
The 2 systems below are what Falcon Northwest offers.
Which system is better between theses 2.
Also, anyone can come up with examples of mobo's,cpu's,mem's and vid's component to built the ultimate gaming pc ?
Thank's a lot

Asus A7N8X AMD 5PCI, USB-II, 10/100 NIC
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
PC2700 DDR 512 MB
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP 8X 128 MB

OR

Asus P4T-533C Onboard Nic
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz 533 FSB
PC1066 RDRAM 512 MB
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP 8X 128 MB

Tilepusher2

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
Yo R,

Help me to understand, what do you mean "I want to build THE ULTIMATE GAMING PC", then list example of 2 prebuilt systems...............are you working for Falcon Northwest(& need to design a better one), or are you planning to build your own system & copy their system layout or are you not planning to build your own system & just planning to buy a premade system from Falcon Northwest?

What is your idea of "Ultimate"............does it include Over-Clocking? How does system noise/loudness factor in? How about total system cost? Are you willing to go to a Water Cooled system? What is your knowledge of bios tweaking including memory settings?

Okay, enuff with the questions, here is my take on your question, without knowing anything about you:

Get the P4 system, if you are a Newbie & are planning to run it bone stock.

If you are not afraid to learn about over-clocking or already know everything, build your own water-cooled AMD Athlon XP 2800+ & over-clock it.

Peace Out.............tile2

Why do you want to believe me?