[SOLVED] AMD vs Nvidia (drivers and support)

Jan 17, 2022
I’ve kind of been out of the gaming pc loop for almost 15 years and looking to buy a new prebuilt gaming pc. I remember when I built my last pc around 2007 or so that while AMD made some pretty good products they weren’t supported with drivers and most games seemed to be designed to use Nvidia cards more efficiently.
Do AMD cards still have some of these issues or is that better now?
Sorry if I’m using incorrect terminology. It’s been a while.

Solution
As far as I know, Both AMD and Nvidia GPUs have good/decent drivers in most of the cases. AMD has improved a LOT, when it comes driver support and GPU hardware itself, but so has Nvidia as well.

I don't see any issue here. But of course, there are no drivers from either camp that don't have any known issues, but for the most part, GPU driver support has been good. Of course some games can have issues, depending on whether it's an AMD or NVidia sponsored title, but overall I think the situation is far better than it was few years back.
As far as I know, Both AMD and Nvidia GPUs have good/decent drivers in most of the cases. AMD has improved a LOT, when it comes driver support and GPU hardware itself, but so has Nvidia as well.

I don't see any issue here. But of course, there are no drivers from either camp that don't have any known issues, but for the most part, GPU driver support has been good. Of course some games can have issues, depending on whether it's an AMD or NVidia sponsored title, but overall I think the situation is far better than it was few years back.

Solution