Question AMD VSR - forcing higher resolution on 1080p monitor

Lucilius

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the following issue and maybe has a solution.

I have a 1080p monitor and an RX570 8GB AMD GPU (with a Ryzen 5 2600X) and I would like to enable AMD VSR to force my 1080p monitor to display higher resolutions. I want to do this in Maya in Windows (not games) so that I can customize how large or small I want the interface to be. As it is now it is phenomenally cluttered and I don't have a lot of room for actual viewports. I want my viewports to be larger and the damn buttons to be smaller. I've been trying to do this for the past hour and I feel like I want to murder someone at AMD. I had an GTX 760 with an ancient i3 2100 and I could easily create 4K resolutions and do whatever the hell I wanted but in the AMD drivers VSR is nowhere to be found. I used the search tool inside AMD Radeon Software and it wasn't even there. I tried going to Display and setting custom resolutions but it will not let me set resolutions higher than 1080p. What am I missing? Why is this so damn difficult? Does anyone out there know how to do this please? Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS