AMD wifi motherboard suggestion

Nov 13, 2018
I'm planning to build a 2600x based system and I was wondering what board should I buy. I do want a board with built in wifi as that is my only source of internet. It is doubtful I will be overclocking and if I was it would be a small overclock.

2 boards I was looking at was:
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (139.99)
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (119.99)

would you recommend one of these or something else entirely

I won't be doing dual video cards and I will use this pc mainly for photo editing and gaming. My current monitor is 1080p 60hz . Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2018
thank you for your response - does the B450 fatalty gaming itx/ac work in a mid tower case

why the gaming pro carbon over the gigabyte one - based on reviews that was the one i was leaning towards but is it worth 20 dollars more. Do you have this one?

MSI's mb mostly is on the low end side except gaming pro carbon, shows up as one of the best mbs on all chipsets.
Don't know what happened to GA, quality/thermal is going downwards on many boards.
To me, you can just get a B450 MB and buy separate wifi pcie card instead. My pick:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI - B450M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus - PCE-AC55BT B1 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($34.51 @ OutletPC)
Total: $104.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-14 15:41 EST-0500

Mortar is really good MB, weakened tomahawk. the wifi card is better than onboard ones.

TRENDING THREADS