Question AMD Win 10 BSOD (completely unstable)

Jan 25, 2020
Hello. I’m having an issue with my AMD machine and Windows 10. Just did a fresh install of the OS because I was having stability issues and the problem has worsened.

PSU: Antec 750W Earthwatts (also have a Rosewill 1200W that I have tried with same results)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (3.7 GHz)
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Elite (bios: F41)
RAM: Gigabyte Fortis PC4-17000 DDR4-2133 (4x8GB=32GB)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6970 (stock speeds)
Storage: 2x Kingston Hyper X SSD (120GB)
1x Western Digital “Green” HDD (500GB) <-C Drive

This is a brand new build with all new parts save for the Storage devices and the 750W PSU.

I have been getting constant BSODs at different times while the system is both idle and under load. I’ve tried running in safe mode and received a few BSODs there too.

I tried updating my graphics drivers, updating the AMD device drivers. Updating Windows 10 is impossible as the update crashes every time and will not complete.

My motherboard is running the F41 bios. There is an updated F51 bios available but I am terrified of bricking my PC accidentally. I’ve been told that bios flashing should only ever be used as a last resort.

I am typing this on my phone. Will try to link the DMP files with One Drive if I can get my PC to hold together long enough to share the link.

At present my PC seems to be stuck in a BSOD loop on boot. Scratch that. I get to the login screen and it won’t transition to let me input my credentials. It just sits there idle and unresponsive.

Thanks in advance for the help. Trying to recover the DMP files now.

Jan 25, 2020
UPDATE: The motherboard was under a replacement warranty so I went ahead and updated to the latest AMD F51 bios for my board. This improved stability but still didn’t fix all the crashing.

Then I found an enabled power saving option in the bios that undervolts the RAM if the PC is idle. I disabled this setting and my PC hasn’t crashed yet. I’m assuming this was the problem.

Jun 2, 2020
UPDATE: The motherboard was under a replacement warranty so I went ahead and updated to the latest AMD F51 bios for my board. This improved stability but still didn’t fix all the crashing.

Then I found an enabled power saving option in the bios that undervolts the RAM if the PC is idle. I disabled this setting and my PC hasn’t crashed yet. I’m assuming this was the problem.
Hi,
I have the same issue, and updating to the F51 Bios did not resolve them.
Can you tell me which setting did you disable which fixed your issue?
I cannot find it anywhere and I'm so sick of the stability issues....

TRENDING THREADS