[SOLVED] AMD Wraith Prism RGB as a case fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooovie

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
Hi, can the stock AMD Wraith Prism RGB cooler be used as a case fan? Im getting a new cpu cooler but I love the way the Wraith looks and would like to keep it in the case. Is that possible? Thanks.

Solution
Its just a fan mounted on top of a radiator, you can't fix it on the case fan allocation slot on your case, even if you somehow manage to hold it in place, its going to look very awkward and have no absolute function to serve as the radiator will completely block any exhaust or air intake, more like just a dumb RGB fan that is awkwardly huge for a case fan and serves no real function.

Although, if you are a bit of a person who would take the challenge of modifying the cooler ie disconnect it from the radiator and fix it on the case with some screw brackets and stuff, then i think you might have something that would look less awkward and have some function.

Chris David

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
Its just a fan mounted on top of a radiator, you can't fix it on the case fan allocation slot on your case, even if you somehow manage to hold it in place, its going to look very awkward and have no absolute function to serve as the radiator will completely block any exhaust or air intake, more like just a dumb RGB fan that is awkwardly huge for a case fan and serves no real function.

Although, if you are a bit of a person who would take the challenge of modifying the cooler ie disconnect it from the radiator and fix it on the case with some screw brackets and stuff, then i think you might have something that would look less awkward and have some function.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a fan. No different to any other fan. It's purpose is to move air. So yes, absolutely it can be used as a case fan.

It's not a question of 'if you can' use it as a case fan, but a question of 'if you can' use it as a case fan. It's mounting system doesn't exactly lend itself to a standard mount.

Stooovie

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
It's a fan. No different to any other fan. It's purpose is to move air. So yes, absolutely it can be used as a case fan.

It's not a question of 'if you can' use it as a case fan, but a question of 'if you can' use it as a case fan. It's mounting system doesn't exactly lend itself to a standard mount.

I probably can't 😂thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.