[SOLVED] AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler noise level

andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I'm doing one of these, Gaming + Streaming 12 hours a day, Video encoding but never both of them. So I will never gaming + streaming + video encoding. My question is, will stock cooler AMD suffice for these? I want a silent environment at most changing only thermal paste.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the input. Yeah silence is what I need. I have thought about buying aftermarket cooler before. I'll buy Noctua NH-D15 or Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 after this.
Be careful with the RAM clearance with those 2. Can overhang quite a lot which is why I’ve stuck with single tower coolers
I'm doing one of these, Gaming + Streaming 12 hours a day, Video encoding but never both of them. So I will never gaming + streaming + video encoding. My question is, will stock cooler AMD suffice for these? I want a silent environment at most changing only thermal paste.
No it will not. Especially if you OC. Would suggest air cooling a Dark rock slim or pretty much any decent 240/280mm rad AIO.

If silence is what you want then you need to go overkill on the CPU Cooler the Dark Rock Slim from BeQuiet is a good start but I'd look into their even larger heatsinks and I agree with LordVile, AMD coolers are decent for what they are but no will ever call them quiet. They are not that loud but you will notice it under heavy load, especially if you overclock or use PBO for instance (provided you have a 3000 series CPU).

Reactions: andrern2000
My wraith stealth was a little noisy running an overclocked chip. The cpu ran a toasty 85c under load too.

Noctua and bequiet have some great air cooler. Aios have pumps that much be constantly whirring and multiple fans so id figure they would be louder than a decent air cooler which can run silently sometimes.

If silence is what you want then you need to go overkill on the CPU Cooler the Dark Rock Slim from BeQuiet is a good start but I'd look into their even larger heatsinks and I agree with LordVile, AMD coolers are decent for what they are but no will ever call them quiet. They are not that loud but you will notice it under heavy load, especially if you overclock or use PBO for instance (provided you have a 3000 series CPU).
Said the slim cos the larger coolers have RAM interference issues and I dunno what he has. 180W should keep the lid on any AMD CPU outside of extreme overclocking on 8 core and ups and the fans are near silent.