Question AMD Wraith Stealth CPU Cooler Fan (5-Blade vs 7-Blade)

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
hi,

i got a AMD Ryzen 3200G processor and it came with a 5-blade Stealth Wraith cooler fan……….the Stealth Wraith has another version with a 7-blade fan.......... so since it's AM4 socket - can i replace the 5-blade fan with the 7-blade fan (while keeping the original heatsink already attached to the CPU) ? :??:

many thanks in advance.............

Ralston18

Titan
Why not just stay with a 5-blade replacement?

I really would not expect any specific advantages to 7 blades over 5 blades: it is the amount of air being moved that counts.

Even if you wish to move more air and perhaps obtain more cooling there are likely some trade-offs involved.

Going back a bit:

First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU, drives, case.

What other fans are installed, how are those fans arranged: intake, exhaust, etc,? Airflows?

Second, why is the 5-blade cooler fan being replaced? What reasons or problems are occurring?

More information needed.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Why not just stay with a 5-blade replacement?

I really would not expect any specific advantages to 7 blades over 5 blades: it is the amount of air being moved that counts.

Even if you wish to move more air and perhaps obtain more cooling there are likely some trade-offs involved.

Going back a bit:

First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU, drives, case.

What other fans are installed, how are those fans arranged: intake, exhaust, etc,? Airflows?

Second, why is the 5-blade cooler fan being replaced? What reasons or problems are occurring?

More information needed.

couldn't find another same 5-blade fan...............i'm afraid the 5-blade fan i'm using may conk off so getting a replacement just in case.............only 7-blade fan is available..........

heat is no issue as i don't play games at all.............so strictly just to replace the existing fan if it breaks down..........i've never replaced a cooler before and read about the cpu sticking to the heatsink should i need to replace whole cooler

Ralston18

Titan
Post the current fan's make and model information.

Where are you looking for replacement fans? Sources, sellers, etc.

Are you limited in where you can buy?

My concern is that some sellers may be offering only a 7 blade fan as a way to increase sales to those people needing a 5 blade fan or a 7 blade fan.

Where a 7 blade fan may not be applicable (or even detrimental) to the original 5 blade fan host.

That all said, I found the following link - note the number of fan blades:

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m99...MIp6O259ah-wIVqf_ICh1XvQA0EAYYBCABEgJrEPD_BwE

7 blades may be just fine. Still take a closer look at specs, installation requirements, seller etc. for any fan under consideration.

I avoid products that claim to be generic, "fits all" or "compatible with" etc..

Contact AMD - ask what fans they support.

There may be other ideas and suggestions offered as well.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Post the current fan's make and model information.

Where are you looking for replacement fans? Sources, sellers, etc.

Are you limited in where you can buy?

My concern is that some sellers may be offering only a 7 blade fan as a way to increase sales to those people needing a 5 blade fan or a 7 blade fan.

Where a 7 blade fan may not be applicable (or even detrimental) to the original 5 blade fan host.

That all said, I found the following link - note the number of fan blades:

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m99...MIp6O259ah-wIVqf_ICh1XvQA0EAYYBCABEgJrEPD_BwE

7 blades may be just fine. Still take a closer look at specs, installation requirements, seller etc. for any fan under consideration.

I avoid products that claim to be generic, "fits all" or "compatible with" etc..

Contact AMD - ask what fans they support.

There may be other ideas and suggestions offered as well.

many thanks for all the info.................i'm from Singapore and the 7-blade Stealth Wraith fan is from the distributor..........i get 1 year warranty and the 7-blade cooler will cost less than USD5 so i reckon it's worth it...........

i can't find any replacement 5-blade fan Wraith Stealth here so no choice anyway.........

TRENDING THREADS