Question AMD x570 not registering my GPU after replacing CMoS battery.

Jan 23, 2021
Yesterday I had to replace the CMOS battery in my motherboard (MSI MGP X570 gaming pro carbon) with a new one. Yes I have replaced the old CR2032 3V battery with a new identical one and I have put it in correctly.
Now when I boot my pc everything starts up, but I get no signal to my monitor. My Motherboard lights up in the VGA led, indicating it cannot find my GPU (Asus geforce gtx 1070 8gb dual oc). I can't use the display port on the motherboard either. I get no signal at all, I have tried different cables to make sure it isn't suddenly a faulty cable, but with the same result. No signal.
My GPU light in it's led1 indicating it's ready to run.
I can't access BIOS or log onto windows.
And yes I do unplug the power supply cord when I mess around with my pc internally, placing parts etc.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?
I just need to get a signal so I can see on my monitor what's going on. Then i can solve it from there seeing as the BIOS is likely reset.
I have tried having the pc unplugged with no power for 5 minutes, with no CMOS battery in it. During those 5 minutes I had the power button pressed down for 30. I read it should completely reset everything, however I'm still stuck at the same spot. No display.

Thanks in advance

Jan 23, 2021
You said, '' I can't use the display port on the motherboard either'' Just to troubleshoot the obvious, you are plugging your monitor into your gpu,yes?
Haha yes ofcourse. I use my gpu's dp port and have done always. But I have read that if the motherboard can't find the gpu and the vga indicator led lights up, then you can use the internal gpu in the motherboard for booting. Though it requires a setting being enabled in BIOS

Reactions: kurdtnz