Info AMD Zen 3 announcement happening now

From Anandtech:

It is hard not to notice that AMD is raising the prices of its hardware for this new generation. The company believes that it is truly in a winning position, and that better hardware in the market deserves to be priced at a level that matches this.

I'm sure AMD has a winner here, but this seems kind of disappointing. Though they did mention:
In discussing the pricing with AMD, I noted that the new Ryzen 5000 processors are not only replacing hardware with a $50 higher MSRP, but also replacing hardware that routinely sells below MSRP. This makes the differences more akin to $90-$150. This of course changes some of the dynamic when we start discussing performance per dollar.
Which makes me curious as to why stores are always putting Ryzen on sale if technically the MSRP didn't officially drop.

I try to not pay too much attention to MSRP. I did take note of the increase but they are, supposedly, now on top. I won't fault them for getting a taste of what Intel has been enjoying for the past...20 years?!
Also, I live in the greater NYC area where Micro Center stores and other outlets ALWAYS have sales going on, especially on combo purchases. On top of the price increase, I'm sure there will be some price gouging at first due to supply issues but that should all be straightened out by the beginning of next year.

I'm not even going to be upgrading - perfectly happy with the performance beast I have now. I'm just happy that AMD is taking the gaming performance crown. Retail competition always benefits the consumer. Yea us!

I try to not pay too much attention to MSRP. I did take note of the increase but they are, supposedly, now on top. I won't fault them for getting a taste of what Intel has been enjoying for the past...20 years?!
If anything, this is just more evidence that AMD, as a publicly traded company (or maybe just as a for-profit company in general), cares more about its bottom line than you. Not that I had any delusions that they "cared" about the consumer, but it was a vibe I got from fanboys.

So from what I have read in some of the post above is that heck the prices are going up by $50+, but 1 very important thing must not be missed..... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW MOBO in most cases. Intel send out the 7th refresh of a platform and their 4th socket or whatever. There is REAL value and money saved in not needing to replace the Mobo everytime you get a new CPU. x570 installed yesterday, up-dated the bios as what was on and viola I can plug and play a 5900x.... awesome.

So from what I have read in some of the post above is that heck the prices are going up by $50+, but 1 very important thing must not be missed..... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW MOBO in most cases. Intel send out the 7th refresh of a platform and their 4th socket or whatever. There is REAL value and money saved in not needing to replace the Mobo everytime you get a new CPU. x570 installed yesterday, up-dated the bios as what was on and viola I can plug and play a 5900x.... awesome.
It still depends on if the motherboard manufacturer cares enough to supply a BIOS update. I have a feeling only those already compatible with Zen 2 processors out of the box will get an update. Anything that's still compatible with Zen or Zen+ will be skipped, or their support for said processors will drop.

There is also real value in not needing to upgrade your CPU each year...

And just to clarify, I don't thing that you do, even with a ZEN 1 you are fine today.