Status
Not open for further replies.

cobelbobins

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
I've been having lock ups, BSODs and crashes to desktop on games and some full screen applications since the pc was first built. This sometimes give "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" and the system events log shows amdkmdag display driver warnings.

My system is:

i3 4160 (+ 212evo)
Asrock z97m Anniversary
Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X Tri-X
F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
G.Skill 8GBXL 2x 4 GB
XFX TS Series 550W P1550SXXB9
WD blue 1tb
four case fans with nzxt grid+
Windows 8.1

Built 2 months ago!!!!

So, I've tried everything here http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/737-27116RadeonSeries-ATIKMDAGhasstoppedrespondingerrormessages.aspx
Plus pretty much everything else I can find worth trying.

I have just RMAed the old card so the 280x is the new replacement but the problem carried straight on, fresh windows install today.
All that remains is new memory (its been clean with memtest86 and prime95 mixed testing), new psu (really not convinced this is the issue) or new motherboard.

I feel that new mobo is the next step but don't know if I need some evidence pointing to it if trying to RMA. Can I diagnose anything more?

Any help at all is appreciated.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
amdkmdag is so generic that it's like telling you to pull the plug on your computer and then restart..

HERE is the solution:

If you have the ATi Catalyst Control Center installed then you may have come accross hundreds if not thousands of event viewer records from “amdkmdag” with a single line of data “UVD Information”.

This is supposedly the graphics driver notifying you that a peice of video has not passed HDCP checks (read: DRM for video).

To disable this and suppress the messages, make the following registry change,
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Atierecord]
"eRecordEnable"=dword:00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS