AMD's Future Chips & SoC's: News, Info & Rumours.

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

goldstone77

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
Anyone want to put a CPU with ~9900K like performance in your old AM4 ITX case?
DwlIVe9WwAATVF9.jpg

So AMD already said they're not going to add a GPU (Vega nor Navi) into Matisse's chiplet/CPU package, but haven't denied anything else. So, there's still hope for some of my large cache wishful thinking!

Cheers! :p

jaymc

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
Hey guy's,

How are yis all doing... hope all is well.

AMD miss on Rev an still up 10% after hours...
https://wccftech.com/amd-shares-soar-in-after-hours-after-meeting-earnings-targets-while-revenue-misses/

In Adored's latest vid he say's "infinity fabric speeds will be de-coupled from the memory clock" What are the implications for this... Does this mean it can be ran faster than the memory ?

jaymc

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007

Ye but only in "Matisse" they have claimed this.
This would not include a Raven Ridge / Pinnacle Ridge successor... technically speaking that is.

goldstone77

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012

It means they can run infinity fabric as fast as they can, and memory speed and latency will not have much affect on performance, similar to Intel.

jaymc

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007

That's great news. Happy Day's.

8350rocks

Distinguished

That's great news. Happy Day's.

Yeah, so your memory speed will have a lesser impact on overall performance moving forward. Which means running maxed out XMP profiles on Ryzen will pay less dividends for people trying to save a few bucks here and there. The return on investment should likely only be a few percentage points instead of double digit gains in performance across the board.

If the Infinity fabric can use the stacked memory before ram i can see that improving performance too. Overall would this act like a massive L4 cache?
Yup. Looks like the "closer to home" memory I was thinking about they could use was in the plans. I wonder how they'll integrate it though... I haven't read more details or found more either.

Cheers!

AMD CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, To Deliver Computex 2019 Opening Keynote – Will Present Ryzen 3000 CPUs, Radeon RX Navi GPUs and EPYC Rome Server Chips
In an official press release, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council has confirmed that AMD’s CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, will be presenting the Computex 2019 opening keynote on 27th May, 19. During the keynote, AMD’s President and CEO will be presenting a range of new technologies that will utilize the brand new 7nm process node.

Mar 31, 2019
Hello
My friend who has close contact with a distribution vendor confirmed the following :

Around atleast 4 CPUS from AMD launching this year the

He even aquired a specifications sheet

Type : AMD RYZEN 3000 SERIES
COST : 350$ - 900$
SPEEDS : 3.4 GHZ - 5.2 GHZ
TDP : 90 W - 150 W

Can anyone confirm the validity of these claims please i was looking forward to AMD chip and a couple more interesting things regarding all new set of AIO GPUS launching this year

Thankyou and Best Regards

Hard to confirm anything like that, since until AMD doesn't announce anything officially it's still something "to be confirmed" anyway.

Now, that is interesting information on its own. I don't like the idea of a $900 part (not even a 16C/32T at 5.2Ghz) as it sounds too out of touch, but looks like AMD may take Intel by surprise, again.

Cheers!

Hard to confirm anything like that, since until AMD doesn't announce anything officially it's still something "to be confirmed" anyway.

Now, that is interesting information on its own. I don't like the idea of a $900 part (not even a 16C/32T at 5.2Ghz) as it sounds too out of touch, but looks like AMD may take Intel by surprise, again.

Cheers!

Depends if the performance is there. Can't imagine the yields on such a part would be any good though.