AMD's Future Chips & SoC's: News, Info & Rumours.

Page 96 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Wow, that single threaded performance is great. If it overclocks it may be even more impressive.

The multicore is not as great as its 8 core competition, but you would expect that for a 6 core.

Can only hope these are legit.

InvalidError

Titan
That's what I was thinking, they are sinking billions into their FAB's, 8b in Ireland alone to Increase production capacity. By the time there finished the demand may no longer be there.
Industrial, institutional, military and other similar clients for "big-tin" stuff typically have 5-10 years provisioning and support contracts, that business isn't going anywhere no matter what AMD does. If AMD wants to steal those clients from Intel, it will have to keep offering superior performance per watt and dollar while demonstrating their products' reliability for several more years. Were it not for long-term contract obligations, Intel wouldn't be able to justify commissioning any more 14nm fab capacity so late in the game where nearly everyone else is pushing for 7nm and beyond.

In short, Intel is in no danger of its demand for 14nm products drying out overnight.

jdwii

Splendid
Correct
Interesting sneak peak at Ryzen 3600.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D92cCHSX4AETH_z.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D92cDn6WkAAelsQ.jpg

For some reason everything falls in line to what i expect i trust the numbers could still be fake but they seem right in line with what i expect

jdwii

Splendid
Closer to launch almost always means we will see more leaks and the more leaks that look the same the more likely its true based on my experience in the past 10 years lol.

So far i completely believe the latest results from the 3600

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
The latest results of 3600 shows that Ryzen is on par with 9900K and slightly behind in a few games like Farcry 5 and Final Fantasy that too in the margin of 10 to 15 fps.

I don't think any of the chips were overclocked and were stock in the test cases shown, really eager to see the OC performance of 3600 & 3700X in x570.

So based on these benches if they come to be TRUE then OC'd 3600 will be on par or slightly edging over 9900K in performance. Ryzen 3600 would be the sweetest spot for most gaming PC builders. Ryzen wipes the floor with 7nm.

Last edited:
Reading the review, they did have a CPU to test. They've done it before as well, so I think those fellas have a way to secure the CPUs before release. That's probably breaking a lot of agreements, but the information looks legit.

Considering that's the 6 core part with a high turbo clock, I think that's the best showing we'll get from the Ry3K series in terms of games. Also, it's nice that they'll be making the 3600X and the 8700K, basically the same CPU. That's a great result IMO.

Cheers!

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Considering that your doctor and your lawyer are both held under forms of non-disclosure agreements, I'd not really consider them stupid. It's a matter of trust. For whatever reason AMD doesn't want its results puplic until the cpus are publicly available. It's their cpu, their prerogative.

InvalidError

Titan
Considering that your doctor and your lawyer are both held under forms of non-disclosure agreements, I'd not really consider them stupid. It's a matter of trust. For whatever reason AMD doesn't want its results puplic until the cpus are publicly available. It's their cpu, their prerogative.
If AMD does not want results coming out before launch, there is a simple fix for that: don't ship any units before launch day, even to reviewers.

It is already difficult to keep information from leaking even during internal testing, it becomes practically impossible once a product is out in the wild in significant numbers.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like Amd are wanting to see profits from the hype then? This can backfire giving time for unprofessional biased negative opinions to spread until the time comes for reviews to be released and these can take some time. How long does it take for review sites to publish?

InvalidError

Titan
How long does it take for review sites to publish?
Depends on how broad you want the testing to be. When NDAs aren't involved, some techtubers make preview videos within hours of receiving their units followed by the full review a day or two later.

The main advantage of NDAs is that reviewers can have their samples a week or two ahead of time so bugs or other issues reviewers run into have a chance to get sorted out before the story goes live.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on how broad you want the testing to be. When NDAs aren't involved, some techtubers make preview videos within hours of receiving their units followed by the full review a day or two later.

The main advantage of NDAs is that reviewers can have their samples a week or two ahead of time so bugs or other issues reviewers run into have a chance to get sorted out before the story goes live.

Just games, rendering, the usual common endeavours that interests people nowadays wanting to see results before pulling the trigger and not influenced by keyboard cowboys. Tom's, Anandtech follow NDA don't they? Discussion above seemed like even review sites wont get their samples until public does.

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
It seems to me that the old saying about if its too good to be true, it probably is.....may fit. I personally will wait until I see some benches from quality reviewers before I pull the trigger, so to speak.

Also, NDAs have been and are powerful tools to manage the flow of information. Most companies that are innovators use this tool, and its teeth should not be underestimated. Therefore I would question any information that seems to cross that line, either its validity or the test vehicle itself.

D

Deleted member 14196

it's ok dude. the chips are not going anywere. you will see reviews, and then probably buy one when you build another pc! ;)

InvalidError

Titan
Anandtech follow NDA don't they? Discussion above seemed like even review sites wont get their samples until public does.
A week ahead of launch is pretty typical for major sites and YT channels if the manufacturer wants comprehensive launch-day reviews to be ready.

When manufacturers don't send review samples ahead of launch, it usually means they expect unfavorable reviews and want to minimize launch-day coverage.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
A week ahead of launch is pretty typical for major sites and YT channels if the manufacturer wants comprehensive launch-day reviews to be ready.

When manufacturers don't send review samples ahead of launch, it usually means they expect unfavorable reviews and want to minimize launch-day coverage.

Cheers, yeah that's usually how it goes and hopefully still is. The discussion between karadjgne and yourself had me wondering what the go was.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hehe.
I think hardware unboxed kept bashing the value of RTX cards (which is truthful) so NVIDIA won't ship him cards before release anymore.

Lol

Need to start somewhere i surpose but really, as we all know the true intended purpose of RTX is too ahead of it's time so i can agree with Unboxing there and rest of the review sites pretty much all concluded the same. Amd aren't too ahead of them selves would they be, or maybe just eFX and smoke screens ;P