News AMD's New Zen 3 Die Revealed In Photos

twotwotwo

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Come on, credit/link to the source (OC_Burner/Fritzchens Fritz): View: https://twitter.com/FritzchensFritz/status/1325500804434972675
, View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130561288@N04/50579552573/

Not crediting people is one of the most painful things about this site. They take a bunch of lovely die shots (go back through the Flickr stream to see some). Maybe someone can hook them up with another 5600X for a try at a cleaner shot!

Reactions: Makaveli

twotwotwo

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Naming where you saw the pics posted isn't crediting the photographer, even if the photographer was a community member. Hardwareluxx didn't buy and decap a 5600X! This is like "crediting" Twitter or Flickr instead of the user.

Flickr shows the images posted with a CC-BY license, which requires "identification of the creator(s)...(including by pseudonym if designated)." Hardwareluxx gave the pseudonym of the creator, Tom's didn't.

Diffused in USA
Diffused in Taiwan
MADE IN CHINA

I knew AMD, like Intel, manufactures their CPUs in various fabrication plants around the world, but I never would've thought China would be involved in any of it. Very surprised, to be honest.

Specifically, the I/O die is on TSMC's older 12nm process, while the CCDs use the 7nm node from TSMC.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the 12nm IO chip comes from Global Foundries, not TSMC. The last I heard, they still have an agreement to get all their 12nm and larger parts from them.

Naming where you saw the pics posted isn't crediting the photographer, even if the photographer was a community member. Hardwareluxx didn't buy and decap a 5600X! This is like "crediting" Twitter or Flickr instead of the user.

Flickr shows the images posted with a CC-BY license, which requires "identification of the creator(s)...(including by pseudonym if designated)." Hardwareluxx gave the pseudonym of the creator, Tom's didn't.
Just FYI, the images have proper credit listed, but our CMS apparently doesn't like to display the credit line in image galleries when all of the images aren't the same size. The third image shows the credit attribution, but none of the others do (though you can see it on the first image while the page loads). I've gone ahead and added explicit credits on all of the images, and cleaned up a bit of the text as well.

Diffused in USA
Diffused in Taiwan
MADE IN CHINA

I knew AMD, like Intel, manufactures their CPUs in various fabrication plants around the world, but I never would've thought China would be involved in any of it. Very surprised, to be honest.
https://www.tsmc.com/english/aboutTSMC/TSMC_Fabs

TSMC has a couple of fabs in mainland China. Though the "made in" part may just be the final package assembly.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Diffused in USA
Diffused in Taiwan
MADE IN CHINA

Wow you sure?? Both companies have their CPU plants in China for a long long time already......But its not fab. Its testing and assembly.