AMD's R9 295X2 Gets Its First Water Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhanschu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
With the power constraints of the PCIE slot and only two 8-pin connectors I doubt that there's enough power to get monster overclocks out of it. But still, will be interesting to see the true limits of this beast!

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I really like such full cover blocks, this one looks epic. As for other cards EK makes some nice blocks but what I don't like is that their full cover blocks don't fully cover the whole card. It doesn't affect performance but it doesn't look as nice as a block that covers a card from edge to edge.

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
"Kryographics Vesuvius" - Mt. Vesuvius, Italy. So when Kryographics Vesuvius erupts, instead of superheated gases vaporizing people in Pompeii, it will do that to your PC innards? Ahaha - I really couldn't help but draw together the similarities!

Personally don't care for the looks of the cooler, but the thing that bothers me is the comment about how the gpu loops are run in parallel so that "One gpu won't be hotter from the heat of the other in the water flowing over it."

Watercooling doesn't work that way, guys - the water is moving so quickly that the temperature in one spot will not be measurably warmer than the water in another spot.

shogunofharlom

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
I would ask why we need to water cool a water cooled card, but man does that water block look good. I'm sure the temps will be even better too. It is a shame to waste the sexy fan and shroud though.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
"Kryographics Vesuvius" - Mt. Vesuvius, Italy. So when Kryographics Vesuvius erupts, instead of superheated gases vaporizing people in Pompeii, it will do that to your PC innards? Ahaha - I really couldn't help but draw together the similarities!

Really? Where have you been. The card's codename was Vesuvius. Yes it runs hot, but it's also super friggin powerful. Also like a volcano. Anyone who gets this card, and a proper aftermarket cooler for it ARE the intended audience for it. High end gear for super tekie people. If heatkiller makes a block for this puppy that looks anything like the HeatkillerGPUx I have on my 290s, I'll get them. Super sexy, super heavy, super performance. I have yet to break 60 degrees Celcius running my system.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Personally don't care for the looks of the cooler, but the thing that bothers me is the comment about how the gpu loops are run in parallel so that "One gpu won't be hotter from the heat of the other in the water flowing over it."

Watercooling doesn't work that way, guys - the water is moving so quickly that the temperature in one spot will not be measurably warmer than the water in another spot.

That's not true. When I was running my 5970s in a series loop, Card 1 was always a couple degrees warmer than Card 0. Didn't matter if I switched the cards around either. Whichever card was 2nd in the loop was always warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS