News AMD's Ryzen 7000 Bundles Appear on Amazon, Newegg

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
I love across the Atlantic but it's good to see there are retailers out there with pro-consumer practices.

Reactions: helper800

Jagar123

Prominent
Dec 28, 2022
I thought for this bundle you needed included a processor, motherboard, and memory? From the previous article "The discount will be offered at checkout when you purchase a Ryzen 7000 processor, motherboard, and DDR5 memory as one purchase."

I don't see any bundles linked in this article that include memory. Are we sure these bundles just the regular bundles retailers are pushing?

Reactions: thisisaname

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I thought for this bundle you needed included a processor, motherboard, and memory? From the previous article "The discount will be offered at checkout when you purchase a Ryzen 7000 processor, motherboard, and DDR5 memory as one purchase."

I don't see any bundles linked in this article that include memory. Are we sure these bundles just the regular bundles retailers are pushing?

I believe that you are correct and that this is just some click bait masquerading as journalism. You can find e-tailer CPU/ motherboard combo deals nearly every day of the year so the only thing that makes them newsworthy are abnormal price drops or special programs. The only recent announcement in that realm is the AMD combo discounts that many are waiting to see.

Suddenly, Tom's has a News Stream article with a headline that would appear like it is related to those discounts; however, it is ambiguous enough that it could be claimed otherwise. I mean, technically these are AMD Ryzen 7000 bundles even if it is fairly obvious that these are not the awaited AMD deals and there is absolutely nothing newsworthy about them since you can buy the CPU and motherboard separately for the same price or even cheaper than at least some of the deals. This appears to be nothing more than an excuse to try to get another click with a chance to post few dozen referrer links.

Completely shameless. I would think that I would know better than to expect Tom's to be above this but apparently, I'm still a sucker hoping for integrity in journalism.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
index.png

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

IMO there is no better place to shop for CPU/Motherboard combo than MicroCenter and am blessed to have two of them on the North side of Atlanta. Traffic here makes them a 3-ish hour round trip at the best of times. Including that and gas, it is still a deal.

IMO there is no better place to shop for CPU/Motherboard combo than MicroCenter and am blessed to have two of them on the North side of Atlanta. Traffic here makes them a 3-ish hour round trip at the best of times. Including that and gas, it is still a deal.
Agreed. I am 25 minutes away from the one in Tustin California. Completely worth it!

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008

My needs are simple, and I've only been shopping 6-8 core CPU's until I saw that $599 7900x bundle they have which is sorely tempting me to drive the 40 miles and just have to "suffer" through the extra cores.

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
You could get the 499 dollar 7700x bundle instead.

yeah, but honestly, I'd prefer a 7700 over a 7700x anyway so if I am going to go with an x, I find the 4 more physical cores more compelling for just $100 more. I don't really need them for gaming but they'll be nice for virtual machines and productivity.

Reactions: helper800