News AMD's Ryzen mobile chips beat Intel's new Meteor Lake in Linux benchmarks — Ryzen 7 7840U and Intel Core Ultra 7 155H go head-to-head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
'On the Windows side, the Core Ultra 7 155H is supposedly significantly faster than the 7840U — but that's according to Intel's testing, which we haven't been able to verify with our benchmarking at Tom's Hardware just yet.'

I'm sure that'll be completely accurate. After all, none of these companies - Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Apple etc - are known for skewing benchmark figures in order to show any kind of advantage for their hardware.

Reactions: bit_user
Dec 20, 2023
Without details on why these two particular processors were chosen, this is mostly an anecdote. As a former electronics test engineer, much more rigor is needed before making broad statements like AMD beats Intel in Linux benchmarks. The original author, Michael Larabel, mentions several caveats that are not included in this brief post. Makes me wonder if Christopher Harper is an AMD fanboy.

Without details on why these two particular processors were chosen, this is mostly an anecdote. As a former electronics test engineer, much more rigor is needed before making broad statements like AMD beats Intel in Linux benchmarks. The original author, Michael Larabel, mentions several caveats that are not included in this brief post. Makes me wonder if Christopher Harper is an AMD fanboy.
They were chosen because they are direct competitors with directly competing AI engines in the laptop CPU market. Simple as that afaict.

Status
Not open for further replies.