Question American Megatrends BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie1981

Commendable
Sep 18, 2020
Hello All,

The laptop I have has no fan control either via the BIOS or via control software such as SpeedFan.

The problem is the fans are ridiculous noisy, despite cleaning the laptop and applying new thermal paste etc..

I am wondering if there is a way to update the BIOS - which I do on my separate gaming machine without issue.

However, as this laptop is roughly 6 years old it has an American Megatrends BIOS and I cant for the life of me figure how to source the correct update or even if its possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Its the following:

Motherboard:
Model: P65_P67RGRERA

BIOS:
American Megatrends
Version 1.05.19
Date: 07/29/2016

Thank you in advance

Barrie1981

Commendable
Sep 18, 2020
Hi,

That doesnt really help as the laptop is an unbranded custom build from 6 years ago, so isnt a Dell etc..

All the information I could extract from the machine i.e. Motherboard and BIOS version are above

Barrie1981

Commendable
Sep 18, 2020
There doesn't appear to be an updated BIOS. Even if there was it's more than likely that the fans are not BIOS controlled anyway. Laptops are not designed to be as upgradeable/updateable as desktops.

Thanks for the reply its much appreciated.

Its fine when its quiet - but it sounds like a jet engine when they kick in.. it borders on embarrasing in public lol

I have tried cleaning, re applying decent quality paste - so thought updating the BIOS and adjusting fan curve would be my best option

Status
Not open for further replies.