Question AMIBIOS Overclocking Only Possible By Changing "Core Ratio Limit"

Jan 4, 2022
Hey guys, I am a bit stumped, though I am admittedly a bit of a noob, I have overclocked using multiple other BIOS' - but in this case, I have only managed to do so through changing each individual "Core Ratio Limit" under the "Advanced" tab -> "CPU Power Management Configuration". (See Photo: OC-1)

I have also noticed that when I overclock using this method, my voltage seems to adjust itself without me changing any values other than the Core Ratio Limit I mentioned.

I'm posting here because I have had a difficult time finding much info on this version of AMIBIOS and everything I've turned up references a "Jumper Free Configuration" section with voltage control as well as a singe ratio that overclocks the CPU, and I want to be sure that I'm not doing anything that could damage my CPU.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!

AMIBIOS Version 2.17.1246
Intel Core i7-4930k
16GB DDR3
2TB HDD
RX 5700XT
750W Vampire PSU
Phanteks Enthroo Chassis

Additional Photos of my BIOS for reference:
OC-version -AMIBIOS Version
OC-3 - AMIBIOS Advanced Tab
OC-2 -AMIBIOS CPU Configuration

Edit - Included Full Specs

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you taken a look at these threads;
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...verclocking-Guide-%96-The-Listy-Wordy-Edition
?

Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for the info! My bad about the specs, didn't wanna throw anyone off by including anything other than my CPU and bios! Ill update now. This thread you linked has proven useful from what I've read, I'll do some more tinkering in the bios to try and discover more on my own using this post as a reference.

TRENDING THREADS