[SOLVED] AMIBIOS USB Device Over Current Status Detected - RANDOMLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackhand9

Prominent
Jan 24, 2022
Hi all new poster here. Occasionally on boot up I'll get the "AMIBIOS USB Device Over Current Status Detected! System Will Shut Down After 15 Seconds" error page. It happens randomly, I've had this PC for almost five years now and it's only happened maybe five or six times, although more recently now than in the past. I've seen other threads on here and troubleshooting videos about it that say it's likely caused by "mangled USB ports and / or wires", usually on the front panel. My front panel ports are empty, everything is in the back, and the ports and wires look fine back there. More strangely to me is how this happens randomly, in the other threads and videos about this it happens every time the PC is started until the issue is fixed, where as mine I just reboot it again after it shuts down and I'm fine.

I'm a bit concerned about it because it seems to be happening more frequently and I'm worried it may be a sign of something worse to come. Any info or feedback regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

I've added the image I took with my phone quickly before the shut down when I got the error page most recently.
Note: I'm not sure why it says I have four keyboards, I only have one. Looks like it's confusing my four hard drives for keyboards.

vLpBfOu.jpg

theblackhand9

Prominent
Jan 24, 2022
2 hubs?
got any rgb light?
I don't have any RBG lights. I'm not sure what the 2 hubs are either. The only connections I have to my PC are:

- 1 mouse
- 1 keyboard
- 1 external hard drive
- 1 headset (that uses the old green and pink audio ports)
- 1 CD drive that's connected to my motherboard in the case, not an external unit

I'm not sure what it's interpreting as "2 Hubs".

Status
Not open for further replies.