Ammunition for arguement

G

Hey guys,

I'm need help in terms of an arguement I'm having with one of my friend. The topic of the arguement is which CPU is the best and therefore which company is the best. I'm on AMD's side and I'm starting to run out of ammo against his Intel-minded brain. I've said that AMD provides more bang for the buck, the Athlon 1.2GHZ is already better than the Pentium 4 1.5GHZ in terms of most benchmarks, AMD is taking more market share from Intel etc. I need new ammo in order to convince him that AMD is consumer-conscious while Intel is not. He also calls me a Duron-boy just because I use a Duron system at home, and I think it's very insulting since the Duron is a very good processor for a very good price.

Thanx for any tips provided.

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
both companies are evil.
I prefer AMD right now, but, I think its a hopeless battle to try and convert him, most people seem to think its a damn religion or something... its just a processor, its like the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge.
who cares? they get you from point A to point B within reasonably similar amounts of time, so who cares?
honestly, AMD has improved tremendously, just now I would actually consider using an AMD processor in a big dog server, that never crossed my mind before... when they have multi-processor chipsets go mainstream, I imagine we'll be buying one.
Intel has name recognition and years worth of better products, AMD has the performance crown for now.
just to give you perspective, which car company is better, Dodge with the Viper, Ford with the Cobra R, or Chevy with the Corvette ZO6?

----------------------
why, oh WHY, is the world run by morons?

G

I agree , give up.....

BTW
Question :- why, oh WHY, is the world run by morons?
Answer :- cos everyone is promoted to their level of incompetence...:)

Opinions are like arseholes .... everybody’s got one.... :smile:

G

Oh no another flame war on the horizon!

Fullspizz People

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"The topic of the arguement is which CPU is the best and therefore which company is the best"</font color=blue>

A product does not determine which company is "best". The performance of the stock for the shareholders is all that matters. For example, look at IBM or Microsoft. Clearly leaders in their field, but not by having the best products. I am not saying that their products are bad, but name recognition and good marketing many times is more important then a quality product.

<font color=blue>"I need new ammo in order to convince him that AMD is consumer-conscious while Intel is not"</font color=blue>

Neither company is consumer conscious. They are shareholder conscious, and everything they do is to satisfy the shareholders, not the customers. When times get tough and profits are down, companies will cut services and employees to make the "numbers" look better to the shareholders. While the shareholders are kept happy, the customer suffers with reduced services and attention.

As for being called "Duron-boy", take it as a compliment. If you and your friend both have the same clock speed and he has a P3, then you paid 25% of what he did for the processor, and yet you have almost the same performance! There is only a 5 - 10% difference between the Duron and the P3. Once you are in the 700Mhz range, you really can't see that kind of performance difference, especially in games. Seems like you are the bright one here!

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

Do you live in Canada? Cause I know a guy who works at Mcdonalds that we all call duron boy, cause he's a little [-peep-] idiot.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
better get used shooting off blanks because that's how it's gonna be for some time now that software that is P4 aware is starting to come in.

also it funny how a crippled P4 performs valiantly against a dangerously factory overclocked Athlon, and how it even beats it in all the benchmarks that matter ie, multimedia, mp3, video, moving massive files around and games.

Oh man, the P4 with one hand tied behind its back and wearing a blindfold is still kicking AMD's butt.

And with all the problems going with an AMD based machine , seem like the P4 is true choice.

well most of you are gamers so, take a look at <A HREF="http://www.cyberathlete.com/" target="_new">cpl</A> only pro gamers know whats best.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMeltdown on 04/05/01 07:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS