[SOLVED] Amperage

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
I am seeing to motherboards with 16 Phase (14+2), one with 60A and the other with 50A.

Is it better to have motherboard with higher amperage for overclocking?

Solution
On the paper - maybe. In practice - maybe.

I'd say the overall quality (both design and component choice) of the pwm systems are equally important. Unfortunately that isn't something you or me are able to test with just a simple multi-meter.

You also need to take in account the quality of the PSU. If the PSU are cheap and allow high ripple voltage, it doesn't matter that much what you have downstream.

I guess the only way of getting a real answer is to test both motherboard models against same set of PSU, RAM and CPU. It would be interesting to see a conclusion on such a test.
On the paper - maybe. In practice - maybe.

I'd say the overall quality (both design and component choice) of the pwm systems are equally important. Unfortunately that isn't something you or me are able to test with just a simple multi-meter.

You also need to take in account the quality of the PSU. If the PSU are cheap and allow high ripple voltage, it doesn't matter that much what you have downstream.

I guess the only way of getting a real answer is to test both motherboard models against same set of PSU, RAM and CPU. It would be interesting to see a conclusion on such a test.

Solution

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Still have to buy the CPU which will probably be the i9-10900K.
Motherboards to choose: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming and Asus Z490 ROG Maximus XII Hero Wifi. First one with 50A, the second one with 60A.
I already got an answer that it would be the same. But I don't believe that 2,5 to 10 ethernet and 1 or 2 more ports is sufficient to justify extra 150 euros. So, there should be something different between them.