Amptron boards

G

Has anyone used Amptron motherboards? In particular, the PGVAP-A+? If so, are they good quality?

Thanks,

davzev

PatMcGroin

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Amptron and Pcchips are the same thing or at least they used to be. The difference that I see is that Amptron seems to update their drivers. My pcchips m748mr has been a good board but Iwouldnt call it high end. It gets the job done but there are many boards out there that are much faster. I beleive my biggest problem is all of the integration I have eg. video,modem etc. I would suggest a board that has more people using it for better assistance. You can peruse this forum and see most of the boards people are using and see that they are widely supported. Dont let the fact that you see all of these posts of people having problems lead you to believe that they are crap. The fact that you see so many, means people are using them, and with anything in wide use there will be some things go wrong.Many if not most problems I see here stem from people doing things incorrectly, so they are a victim of their own follies. Just remember there are about 2 million VWs still on the road but some of them are crap.

You Dont Want To Be The Last to Know Anything.