[SOLVED] Amy tips and trick or things to look out for when getting a new motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNeedy

Prominent
Apr 15, 2020
I was looking for a new mobo and I needed to have one that had a graphics card slot and an i7 chip slot. Also, what cords on the motherboard do I need in particular? I was going to put it in a Lenovo Flex 2, so I need it compatible with the monitor.

Solution
I was looking for a new mobo and I needed to have one that had a graphics card slot and an i7 chip slot. Also, what cords on the motherboard do I need in particular? I was going to put it in a Lenovo Flex 2, so I need it compatible with the monitor.
Laptops generally don't have easily upgradable motherboards. So your only option would be to buy another Lenovo Flex motherboard. It looks there were some models of that laptop sold with an i7. You might find one. Buying a new laptop may be more cost efficient than buying a motherboard with a 5 generation old CPU.

kanewolf

Titan
Laptops generally don't have easily upgradable motherboards. So your only option would be to buy another Lenovo Flex motherboard. It looks there were some models of that laptop sold with an i7. You might find one. Buying a new laptop may be more cost efficient than buying a motherboard with a 5 generation old CPU.

Solution

iNeedy

Prominent
Apr 15, 2020
Ok. So.....
I already have a mobo for it. But the reason I wanted one was cause I wanted one with interchangeable CPU and graphics card slots. Should I try to buy some plain mobo with some ribbon wire + slots for ribbon wire and CPU so I can sauter or should I ship it to some local store to do that? (I have NO experience in sautering, so are there any workarounds to that?

kanewolf

Titan
Ok. So.....
I already have a mobo for it. But the reason I wanted one was cause I wanted one with interchangeable CPU and graphics card slots. Should I try to buy some plain mobo with some ribbon wire + slots for ribbon wire and CPU so I can sauter or should I ship it to some local store to do that? (I have NO experience in sautering, so are there any workarounds to that?
It sounds like you want the features of a desktop computer. If so, you should get one. Laptops are not designed for simple upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.