An apology

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi all

This post is in way of an apology for all the stuff I posted in the
"Steep Approaches" thread. I'm well aware that it's not the sort of
information you all really wish to read.

Regards
James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I just reread the "steep approaches" thread. It all seems pretty
harmless -- and a good reminder:

(a) of how much the body affects the mind

(b) that in spite of (a), we are more than our bodies.

_________________________________________________________
Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:06:10 -0500, David Wilson-Okamura <David
Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote:

>I just reread the "steep approaches" thread. It all seems pretty
>harmless -- and a good reminder:
>
>(a) of how much the body affects the mind
>
>(b) that in spite of (a), we are more than our bodies.

Nice of you to say so, David

Sill, that stuff regarding my somewhat excissive bevhaviour is not
exactly 100% on topic.

James
 

crash

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
593
0
18,980
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

James Hodson wrote:
>
> Sill, that stuff regarding my somewhat excissive bevhaviour is not
> exactly 100% on topic.
>
James,
If we all stayed on topic, it would be as my grandkids used to say after
we'd planned a trip through some fantastic countryside -
boorriinngggg.........
Don't pet the sweaty things - or vice versa.........

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don
 

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
3,414
0
20,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

James Hodson wrote:

>
> Sill, that stuff regarding my somewhat excissive bevhaviour is not
> exactly 100% on topic.
>
> James

No one has accused me of staying on topic :) I think you are ok.

:)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
 

Arthur

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
444
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Tell ya the truth, gents, I just can't wait to tell you about my heart
attack, gall bladder removal, bouts of angina, Type 2 diabetes and a
shitload of drugs I take every day, but I can't seem to fit it in with my
frame rate debates. Give me a few more tries, and when I do, I'm not going
to be apologizing. We all have our stories, some good, some not so good.
Everyone thinks the 'grass is greener on the other side of the fence', and
that everyone else has the better rendering of FS9.....that everyone one on
this NG is healthy, happy, an ace pilot and chief puter geek.

The odds speak gentlemen, and they say it's not so. We're all human, and I
would bet the farm, that most of the subscribers here are the best humanity
has to offer, and I'm proud to be able to communicate with everyone. So
there.
If I'm OT, sue me.

Arthur

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
news:UQOle.6550$j51.3291@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> James Hodson wrote:
>
>>
>> Sill, that stuff regarding my somewhat excissive bevhaviour is not
>> exactly 100% on topic.
>>
>> James
>
> No one has accused me of staying on topic :) I think you are ok.
>
> :)
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
 

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
3,414
0
20,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Arthur wrote:

> The odds speak gentlemen, and they say it's not so. We're all human, and I
> would bet the farm, that most of the subscribers here are the best humanity
> has to offer, and I'm proud to be able to communicate with everyone. So
> there.
> If I'm OT, sue me.
>

And just when we think we have hit bottom, the animal world brings us
back to reality.

This girl, a purebred Akita, was found living in a field in Minden
Texas, scrounging for food for her and her 3 pups. After we were
contacted we arranged transportation to get her and the pups down here.
While this was going on, a person came looking for the dogs saying he
was going to sell the pups. No one told him the dog was about to leave
on the trip down here. It was some luck finally for the the dogs.

The 1st 5 pictures are of lady and the pups up in Minden. The ones
following is of them after being down here for a while. Although she
still doesn't look 100%, Lady looks and feels much better than during
her days living in the fields. She and her pups live as indoor
companions now with families that care for them.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=8769239


--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
 

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
3,414
0
20,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

boB wrote:
> The 1st 5 pictures are of lady and the pups up in Minden. The ones
> following is of them after being down here for a while. Although she
> still doesn't look 100%, Lady looks and feels much better than during
> her days living in the fields. She and her pups live as indoor
> companions now with families that care for them.
>
> http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=8769239
>
>
>

Maybe this one works. sorry:

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-100048681-wstZ-album/8769239tJbWAlQNwi

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
 

dallas

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2003
1,553
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur"
> Tell ya the truth, gents, I just can't wait to tell you about my heart
> attack, gall bladder removal, bouts of angina, Type 2 diabetes and a
> shitload of drugs I take every day,

Jeez Arthur, now you've got us all worried about you. Good thing you live
in Canada with all that free medical, if you lived in the States you'd be
screwed.

Dallas
 

Arthur

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
444
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I'd feel a lot better if we could get all our doctors back who moved to
Texas and other places in the States to avoid our socialized medicine. They
didn't like the money the government was paying them for office visits, etc.
Don't feel too sorry for the doctors in Canada though.....they still own the
nicest houses and cars in the country.....and, just to keep this post on
topic, the nicest aircraft.

I love the U.S.A. in most respects and wish the fine folks there could get a
better deal. Maybe it's in the works...just hang tight. I know if I had
lived there, I may not be writing this tonight.

One more thing before I leave: My heart goes out to those Americans who
have been affected by so many wars in the past and present....the fighting
men and women, their families and friends. On your Memorial Day, this
Canadian holds NO cynicism towards our neighbour to the south, and only
prays for their prosperity now and in the future. I wish the United States
of America blue skies always.

Arthur



"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:zhSle.1186$s64.1068@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Arthur"
>> Tell ya the truth, gents, I just can't wait to tell you about my heart
>> attack, gall bladder removal, bouts of angina, Type 2 diabetes and a
>> shitload of drugs I take every day,
>
> Jeez Arthur, now you've got us all worried about you. Good thing you live
> in Canada with all that free medical, if you lived in the States you'd be
> screwed.
>
> Dallas
>
>
 

dallas

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2003
1,553
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur"
> Canadian holds NO cynicism towards our neighbour to the south, and only
> prays for their prosperity now and in the future. I wish the United
States
> of America blue skies always.


Wow. Thanks. It's nice to hear in this climate of America bashing that
somebody thinks we're ok. :)


Dallas
 

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
3,414
0
20,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

CRaSH wrote:

> boB -
> You are a very special person


No, it's nothing anyone in this group would not do if they had the chance.

Everytime we take one in we tell each other that's the last. But A
soldier here at Ft Hood is being deployed and will drop his 1 year old
German Shepherd off here sometime next week. I don't understand why
these people get a pup and when it's grown and suddenly isn't the cute
little pup anymore, they call wanting to "get rid of the dog".

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

As a retired American military man, Arthur, thank you for your support and
kind words and ditto to all Canadians.
Tom
"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:dJCdnTe2NZTqZQrfRVn-sw@rogers.com...
> I'd feel a lot better if we could get all our doctors back who moved to
> Texas and other places in the States to avoid our socialized medicine.
> They didn't like the money the government was paying them for office
> visits, etc. Don't feel too sorry for the doctors in Canada
> though.....they still own the nicest houses and cars in the
> country.....and, just to keep this post on topic, the nicest aircraft.
>
> I love the U.S.A. in most respects and wish the fine folks there could get
> a better deal. Maybe it's in the works...just hang tight. I know if I
> had lived there, I may not be writing this tonight.
>
> One more thing before I leave: My heart goes out to those Americans who
> have been affected by so many wars in the past and present....the fighting
> men and women, their families and friends. On your Memorial Day, this
> Canadian holds NO cynicism towards our neighbour to the south, and only
> prays for their prosperity now and in the future. I wish the United
> States of America blue skies always.
>
> Arthur
>
>
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:zhSle.1186$s64.1068@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "Arthur"
>>> Tell ya the truth, gents, I just can't wait to tell you about my heart
>>> attack, gall bladder removal, bouts of angina, Type 2 diabetes and a
>>> shitload of drugs I take every day,
>>
>> Jeez Arthur, now you've got us all worried about you. Good thing you
>> live
>> in Canada with all that free medical, if you lived in the States you'd be
>> screwed.
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks for all the blue skies!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com


"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message news:dJCdnTe2NZTqZQrfRVn-sw@rogers.com...
> I'd feel a lot better if we could get all our doctors back who moved to
> Texas and other places in the States to avoid our socialized medicine. They
> didn't like the money the government was paying them for office visits, etc.
> Don't feel too sorry for the doctors in Canada though.....they still own the
> nicest houses and cars in the country.....and, just to keep this post on
> topic, the nicest aircraft.
>
> I love the U.S.A. in most respects and wish the fine folks there could get a
> better deal. Maybe it's in the works...just hang tight. I know if I had
> lived there, I may not be writing this tonight.
>
> One more thing before I leave: My heart goes out to those Americans who
> have been affected by so many wars in the past and present....the fighting
> men and women, their families and friends. On your Memorial Day, this
> Canadian holds NO cynicism towards our neighbour to the south, and only
> prays for their prosperity now and in the future. I wish the United States
> of America blue skies always.
>
> Arthur
>
>
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:zhSle.1186$s64.1068@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "Arthur"
>>> Tell ya the truth, gents, I just can't wait to tell you about my heart
>>> attack, gall bladder removal, bouts of angina, Type 2 diabetes and a
>>> shitload of drugs I take every day,
>>
>> Jeez Arthur, now you've got us all worried about you. Good thing you live
>> in Canada with all that free medical, if you lived in the States you'd be
>> screwed.
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 27 May 2005 17:24:47 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
wrote:

>If we all stayed on topic, it would be as my grandkids used to say after
>we'd planned a trip through some fantastic countryside -
>boorriinngggg.........
>Don't pet the sweaty things - or vice versa.........

Thanks for that, Crash & others.

Bob's story about the dogs puts my own little problem into
perspective.

Regards
James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 28 May 2005 05:31:54 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>Wow. Thanks. It's nice to hear in this climate of America bashing that
>somebody thinks we're ok. :)

Certainly not everyone, Dallas.

James