An egg is an egg, or is it?

An egg is an egg, but when they don't stack, one isn't.

A non stackable egg id's as a Cockatrice Egg (pass the unholy hen grenade!)

Now a strange occurance, a randomly generated egg and it's already ID'ed as
a cockatrice egg.

Is this intended behavior or a bug? I've never encountered two random c
eggs before... and I collect eggs every game.

Danny

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Daniel Morris wrote:

> An egg is an egg, but when they don't stack, one isn't.
>
> A non stackable egg id's as a Cockatrice Egg (pass the unholy hen grenade!)
>
> Now a strange occurance, a randomly generated egg and it's already ID'ed as
> a cockatrice egg.
>
> Is this intended behavior or a bug? I've never encountered two random c
> eggs before... and I collect eggs every game.

I think this is intended. This is the same thing with gems: once you know
that this green gem is glass, every piece of green glass you'll find will
be automatically identified, because you now know the "small things" that
make it different from an emerald. I guess this is the same think with
eggs. Once you've learn that this shape, colour,... is a cockatrice egg,
you can regognize every single cockatrice egg you'll find.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Daniel Morris wrote:
> An egg is an egg, but when they don't stack, one isn't.
>
> A non stackable egg id's as a Cockatrice Egg (pass the unholy hen grenade!)
>
> Now a strange occurance, a randomly generated egg and it's already ID'ed as
> a cockatrice egg.

Hmm, why strange? NH is not RL, but if I find an egg of specific size with
specific colour and texture, without being an ornithologist could - within
a limited range of knowledge - re-identify another one of this kind. Sounds
at least reasonable to me.

> Is this intended behavior or a bug? I've never encountered two random c
> eggs before... and I collect eggs every game.

NH has so many types of eggs (and so few are generated), that either way,
recognizing another one or not, is of limited use in practical games. IMO.
But surely no bug.

Janis