An impossible to move Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
System - Vista 32Bit Sp1

Anti Virus - Avast Home Edition 4.8 Up to date.

Virus - win32:adloader-ac [Trj]

Problem - The recommendation is to move it to the chest. can't be done because of "There is not enough space on the disk" "cannot process "C:\Windows\Memory.DMP" file.

Scan with other program - The program Malwarebytes - Anti malware didn't find the this Trojan in it scan.

Backgroung - 2 weeks ago while trying to open a game's installation file Avast let me know that a Trojan was trying to get in the computer.

The next day the computer started doing problems that included not responding, restarting by it self etc'.

Appearently the Trojan erased all Microsoft's updates and restore points.

For some reason the boot-time scan didn't track this Trojan.

Hope it wasn't to long.

Thank you.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
When I've tried to process the Trojan, I have had 70 GB of free space in the disk. Also I've got 4 GB of RAM that I think should be enough.

About Windows defender, it is installed and lets me know that my computer is running normally.

I tried to use Ad-Aware (Aniversary Edition) yesterday to deal with the Trojan, and he or didn't find it, or couldn't process it (eventough it (Ad-Aware) said that he managed to fix all of the problems that he found).

I won't blame Avast, but when I tested it on a system that isn't very powerful (P4 2.8, Vista 32-bit and 2 GB), it slowed down the computer quite a bit and I quickly uninstalled it. I noticed the same issue on an even less powerful laptop. Why not disable Avast for a few minutes to see if it helps?

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I'm sure that the problem isn't with Avast. I have a good computer (I think) 4 GB 160 GB internal disk, Core 2 duo E4500. before the opening of the installation file that was infected (the game's installation file, as written in the main post) the computer worked just fine, afterwards it started to work slowly, and all the sympthoms I mentioned before.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
1. Actually I'm using a combination of a few tools and I think that they do a pretty good job.

2. As I mentioned in the main post the Trojan I think erased all the restore points.

3. What do you mean in "Complete reinstall"?

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
l_r_c_t,

Did Avast give you the file path of the infection?

You can use online scanners which use multiple AV engines to give you a more complete assessment of the suspect file.

http://www.virustotal.com/

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

If you have the file path and the infected file name handy can you post it also. You can post the online scan log too if you wish.

G

Avast gives you 3 options. 1-Move to Chest, which doesn't work.
2-Move to Recycle Bin, I didn't try this. 3-Delete.
I deleted it and have had no problems so far. Avast said it had been deleted successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.