Question An Introduction to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

These are old titles on console, but new to PC. So if you plan on playing them on PC and have never played them on console, be forewarned there are some spoilers!

I've played these titles each at least a couple times through on Moderate and Hard, and just beat Uncharted 4 on the hardest mode last night. It's apropos they call that mode Crushing, as the definition of the word in the adjective context is, "causing overwhelming disappointment or embarrassment.", as per Oxford Languages. Even better to use Oxford's definition, as U 4 is about pirates.

Thankfully though, this port rather quickly received two much needed patches to fix stuttering problems and mouse polling rate issues. It was mostly the Uncharted 4 half that suffered the performance problems, but I'm happy to say last night's long session that kept me up until 3AM was pretty much stutter free. There was also times where the game froze before to buffer, but that seems gone too.

So I had mostly held off trying to capture it due to these issues, but saved a few of the tougher battles of Uncharted 4 last night. As of now, it appears the only lingering nit pick I have is the game's tendency to require rebuilding shaders at the main menu if you take even a little while to get back to playing it, which takes a good while. This supposedly minimizes or completely removes stutters.

It can be tempting to use the elite weapons, which have gold screen icons, but be forewarned it can be very hard to get them to full ammo before starting a battle, as few enemies carry them. Pretty much all 3 of these videos show this scenario, and the weapon swapping necessary because of it. The Barok .44 pistol can be very handy though, as it is capable of one shot-ing many enemies.

A few spoilers from this point on.

Avery's House Battle

This is a segment of a chapter called New Devon, where you finally find the mansion of Henry Avery, the pirate who's massive treasure you are searching for. I've seen a video of someone managing to do this whole battle with stealth, but on a lower difficulty where enemy marking is possible. Not being able to mark enemies had caused me blown stealth in many places, so I did not even try here.

Avery's Cave Battle

This is part of a chapter called Avery's Descent. It's a pretty cool slog through some dark caves with death traps and mummies rigged to explode. I was getting pretty hammered at the start of this battle a few times, but having 4 grenades, and just enough ammo to get the first wave, made it safe to advance. If I looked wary of advancing, it's because I'd forgotten how many enemies spawn and where.

Shipwreck Battle

This is part of a chapter called No Escape. I seriously thought about restarting the whole chapter to pick other weapons to get more ammo, but it turned out it was only my strategy that was flawed. You mainly need to save the snipers for last on the first part, which trigger the second wave that involves Brutes, and allows time to prepare . Once down, their guns make mopping up the third wave easy.

Soon I'll be playing the other title in this collection, The Lost Legacy, on Crushing as well. I plan to save at least a few battles from it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Noice ! Keep up the good work.

I really want to play this game, but there are a lot of things stopping me from doing this. Can't even watch some gameplay videos, or read some reviews, to avoid any SPOILERS as well, if any, at least in the beginning of the game.

I wish the DEVs might have also released UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy separately, instead of including them in one collection. That way, at least I can choose which Uncharted game to play with. And, it won't cost more on STEAM as well.

Though, I'm assuming the "Lost Legacy's" story might be somehow related to Uncharted 4, despite it being a standalone expansion of Uncharted 4 ?

Noice ! Keep up the good work.

I really want to play this game, but there are a lot of things stopping me from doing this. Can't even watch some gameplay videos, or read some reviews, to avoid any SPOILERS as well, if any, at least in the beginning of the game.

I wish the DEVs might have also released UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy separately, instead of including them in one collection. That way, at least I can choose which Uncharted game to play with. And, it won't cost more on STEAM as well.

Though, I'm assuming the "Lost Legacy's" story might be somehow related to Uncharted 4, despite it being a standalone expansion of Uncharted 4 ?
Well, IMHO, both games are definitely worth playing, and if they were released separately, you'd no doubt pay a higher total price if you bought both. Wikipedia talks of "The Nathan Drake Collection", which was a remastering of the first 3 games for PS4, but it says nothing about the remastering of Uncharted 3 for PS5 you spoke about in the other thread. For some reason info on the Uncharted 3 PS5 remaster is not talked about much.

The Lost Legacy though is only very loosely related to A Thief's End. The only real thing tying them together at all are that Nadine Ross is one of the main characters, though pretty much secondary to Chloe Frazer. Nadine is more of a friendly than foe in The Lost Legacy though, whereas in A Thief's End she's mostly a foe. Other than that the two games share some similarities in gameplay mechanics, from stealth, to on rails vehicle segments, to the way the Jeep you travel in at times is used. They are two totally separate stories and settings though, with a completely different main character. Nate's brother Sam however is again one of the main characters as well, but not involved nearly as much as Chloe. Another different thing about The Lost Legacy, is it adds the ability to pick locks, which mostly gives you access to weapon crates, but a few other things as well. The main villain is also nothing like Rafe Adler from A Thief's End.

Action wise The Lost Legacy has some cool and different things from what A Thief's End had. Also, if you cut out all the easy chapters in A Thief's End that are mostly for story padding, the two games are actually closer in length as far as the meat of the gameplay than the end total play time leads one to believe.

Last edited:
I just wish they’d release the 1st 3 games. Actually I wish they’d bring Nate back and start making them again. Arguably better than the tomb raider games. Great storytelling. But for crying out loud put a field of view setting in!

I played all of these and beat all of them on ps3/ps4 except for lost legacy. Overall though the pc port of uncharted 4 looks great on pc on highest settings at 1440p. Just wish they made good games like this still. These were actually fun compared to new games that get released.

I just wish they’d release the 1st 3 games. Actually I wish they’d bring Nate back and start making them again. Arguably better than the tomb raider games. Great storytelling. But for crying out loud put a field of view setting in!

I played all of these and beat all of them on ps3/ps4 except for lost legacy. Overall though the pc port of uncharted 4 looks great on pc on highest settings at 1440p. Just wish they made good games like this still. These were actually fun compared to new games that get released.
Yeah the first 3 games were remastered for PS4 via The Nathan Drake Collection, so it wouldn't be hard to port that to PC I would love to see that too. It's really just a matter whether Sony sees enough profit in it.

Well, IMHO, both games are definitely worth playing, and if they were released separately, you'd no doubt pay a higher total price if you bought both. Wikipedia talks of "The Nathan Drake Collection", which was a remastering of the first 3 games for PS4, but it says nothing about the remastering of Uncharted 3 for PS5 you spoke about in the other thread. For some reason info on the Uncharted 3 PS5 remaster is not talked about much.

The Lost Legacy though is only very loosely related to A Thief's End. The only real thing tying them together at all are that Nadine Ross is one of the main characters, though pretty much secondary to Chloe Frazer. Nadine is more of a friendly than foe in The Lost Legacy though, whereas in A Thief's End she's mostly a foe. Other than that the two games share some similarities in gameplay mechanics, from stealth, to on rails vehicle segments, to the way the Jeep you travel in at times is used. They are two totally separate stories and settings though, with a completely different main character. Nate's brother Sam however is again one of the main characters as well, but not involved nearly as much as Chloe. Another different thing about The Lost Legacy, is it adds the ability to pick locks, which mostly gives you access to weapon crates, but a few other things as well. The main villain is also nothing like Rafe Adler from A Thief's End.

Action wise The Lost Legacy has some cool and different things from what A Thief's End had. Also, if you cut out all the easy chapters in A Thief's End that are mostly for story padding, the two games are actually closer in length as far as the meat of the gameplay than the end total play time leads one to believe.

Well, thanks for your input. That was helpful. I'm still thinking whether to buy this collection or not. Both the game are really good actually. I was hoping for a STEAM sale to happen, but I guess new AAA titles will hardly get a discounted price this early at the time of release.

Well, thanks for your input. That was helpful. I'm still thinking whether to buy this collection or not. Both the game are really good actually. I was hoping for a STEAM sale to happen, but I guess new AAA titles will hardly get a discounted price this early at the time of release.
Just a heads up, strangely enough I'm still getting a few crashes here and there, but for some reason it's happening with The Lost Legacy. I'm still running the old 517.48 driver though, and it might be better with this patch to at least use the 522.25 one that was made for Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

The stuttering is all but gone though, so at least it's playing smoothly while it does. I just beat The Lost Legacy on Crushing, and am deciding which missions to replay via Chapter Select to show a few samples like I did Uncharted 4. After that I'll probably get back to Spiderman and finish it finally. Been so long I hope I won't feel totally clumsy at it.

Just a heads up, strangely enough I'm still getting a few crashes here and there, but for some reason it's happening with The Lost Legacy.

Thanks for the heads-up.

By the way, on some OFF topic note, have you played the game OUTRIDERS ? What about Dying Light 2 ? When it comes to OUTRIDERS, this game is re-starting my PC randomly. This is the ONLY PC game which does this. It's random, and not fixed. :mad::(

No overheating, no PSU issues. Just nothing seriously wrong with my PC specs, but this is the only title crashing and rebooting PC. Kind of weird though !

I can play all other graphic demanding games like CRYSIS 3, METRO Exodus, Quantum Break (awesome game btw), Witcher 3, FAR CRY 6, DOOM 3, GODFALL, and just about every other AAA/AA game, for hours and hours, minimum 7-8 hours a day.

FWIW, I bought Outriders via the Xbox PC game pass subscription, so it's a LEGIT copy. But a quick google search says the Steam copy also restarts any PC as pointed out by some gamers. But the platform should not matter much. Can't figure out why this game is behaving weirdly though. This doesn't seem like a widespread issue, or is it ?

Anyways, back on topic. I have wishlisted UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection on STEAM. I just hope some of these stutters/crashes are resolved via patches till the time I buy this game.

Last edited:
No, when I saw the type of game Outriders is and heard how buggy it was, I wasn't interested. I agree though that Quantum Break is good, better than I expected. I don't have Dying Light 2 either, which also released buggy, but has been patched to at least fix most problems I think.

Gotham Knights is just a horrible mess though. I watched Digital Foundry's review of it. Basically it stutters even on a RTX 4090, because it doesn't utilize the CPU (ANY CPU) enough to avoid it. There's frame time spikes as high as 50 ms. Supposedly this is only a problem first play through, and the issue is caused by shader compilation, but still, it's unacceptable.

WB Games Montreal has slipped to new lows.