An issue with my 4890 + Acer h233h monitor

Reziel

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hello, I have searched about this issue but haven't found anyone who has the same problem as me. Here's my issue: I have an Acer H233H monitor that I use with my computer which has an XFX Radeon 4890 video card. Whenever I connect my Graphics Card to the Monitor via DVI the monitor just says "no signal" and turns the screen black. I connected a DVI to VGA adapter to my video card and connected to the monitor via VGA and it works fine. It is not the monitor because I can connect my monitor to my brother`s computer through DVI and it works fine. It is also not the video card because I can connect my brother`s monitor to my computer via DVI and it also works just fine. I believe that this might be a driver issue, but I can`t seem to find any drivers that work. I have even reinstalled windows 7 and this issue is still not fixed. This video card + monitor combo has worked for ~a year and has just now started to give me problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reziel

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Few updates... didn't work with my Cousin's monitor either, which is also a 16:9 widescreen with a native resolution of 1920x1080. I'm just stumped, I don't know where to go from here besides a new video card which won't happen for a while... I plugged in my old garbage video card and it works fine on my monitor with DVI. The problem is OBVIOUSLY my video card in combination with 1920x1080 16:9 monitors because it has worked on everything else.

TRENDING THREADS