Question An old CPU problem

Jun 2, 2022
Ok guys I am new here. I got my old PC, I want to use it for old games under Win XP. Nostalgia intensifies. :) AMD Athlon 2200 1.8Ghz. The problem is that, the system shows the CPU like 1500+ at 1.3Ghz. I already flashed the bios of the motherboard gigabyte ga-7n400 - l, but nothing changed. I know I know it is pretty ancient but its buggin me a lot. I can play the retro games on everything but solving the problem is also important for me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you please state the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? As for your build, can you please parse the specs to it like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Reactions: punkncat
You scary :) You are sayin my childhood was a lie? :) I have a pretty good memories 2003-2007 :)
So I'm a little confused.

Did you keep the computer you had way back when, or are you trying to build a computer to match it? If you kept the computer and you really want to make sure you have an Athlon XP 2200+, take off the heat sink and look at the label. If it says something like "AXDA2200", you have a 2200+. If it doesn't, then you don't.

The processor could probably use a thermal paste change anyway.

Reactions: wazawcho
Jun 2, 2022
So I'm a little confused.

Did you keep the computer you had way back when, or are you trying to build a computer to match it? If you kept the computer and you really want to make sure you have an Athlon XP 2200+, take off the heat sink and look at the label. If it says something like "AXDA2200", you have a 2200+. If it doesn't, then you don't.

The processor could probably use a thermal paste change anyway.

Yup I kept it in the attic for 10+ years, and I am sure it was 2200+ 1.8Ghz. Anyway all good now. :)