an Old Voodoo3 Problem...

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
My friend got an old Voodoo3 3000 AGP
she wants to use it with her K6-2 450Mhz, but it didn't work, when she plugged it, the computer keeps beeping
she has 3 computers at home, so she tried, all three computers gave same result, nothing appear on the screen, computer keeps beeping
I bring that Voodoo3 home, and try it on my own computer. I have two computers btw
and it works, the computer boots normally, goes into Windows, I made a fresh install of Windows98
now comes problems. Everything appears fine in Windows, dxdiag reports everything good, BUT the mouse pointer didn't appear normally, it was some kind of weird black box (dunno how to describe, it was funny to see)
anyway, then I try to run the test in dxdiag (directdraw&d3d test), run 3Dmark, some old 3Dgames like nfshs
NOTHING works, when it has to go into 3D mode, computer crashes. It's not auto-reboot, but the screen will be completely distorted that I have no restart computer
Looks like when it has to do a DirectDraw or Direct3D acceleration, it crashes, but it's fine in Windows..
Any idea why? is it possible to fix it?
sorry for my poor English, hope you all understand what i'm talking about =)

oh yeah, one point to mention, for the DirectDraw tests, it's only crash at last test, the full screen one..

system used to test Voodoo3:
AMD Duron 750Mhz
PC133 256MB RAM
Voodoo3 AGP (SiS730 OnBoard graphic, disabled when V3 plugged)
Sound Blaster 128
PSU 250W
PCChip's mobo which i'm not quite sure what's the model(sucks? I know..hehe)

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Nights,
What VooDoo drivers are you using?...please tell me.
And I've seen the blocky-blank mouse cursor before in the past. I would get it on my Kyro2 sometimes.
guru3d.com is a good source of 3dFX drivers, you should check them out..

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
I use the Driver that is included in the game NFS5
if I remember, the version is 1.04 or sth
I tried the newer version like 1.07, but the problem remains

TRENDING THREADS