Question An older Mouse disappears once in while - what can i do?

clearance

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone.

I just build a new PC and switched to Win 10 PRO. Once in a while (let's say once in 4 boots) my mouse cursor disappears (so obviously the movement doesn't work) and there's no reaction to clicks. It's an old Logitech wireless mouse, but never had any problems like that before on any other system.
I checked the device manager - no problem in Mice group (there are 2: logitech mouse & mouse compatible with HID), but there is an exclamation mark in the "HID interface controller group" right on the mouse position.

I tried updating drivers but nothing helps, once in 4 or 5 boots i'm going to get that "no mouse" error. To fix it i either unplug the receiver from the USB port and put it back in or i go to Device manager > HID interface devices > mouse (with the exclamation mark) turn it off and then turn it back on.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? I'd rather not buy another mouse. Anyone could help me out?

Lutfij

Titan
It's an old Logitech wireless mouse
Might want to pass on a model for the Logitech branded mouse. How old is the mouse in question? Does the issue crop up on another platform, in your household or your friend's or even your neighbors abode?

clearance

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
It's Logitech Mouseman Cordless Optical mouse. I think it's 2004 or 2005. I've been using it whole this time on my previous 3 PC's. The problem showed up after i plugged it into a new machine. This time it's Win10 and i had it plugged into both Win7 and XP machine before - no problems of this kind ever occured.
I read somewhere it might be a common Win10 issue but, i don't really know what's it all about.