An open letter to Eric Gisin

Eric,

Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
had "lost" an argument.

First of all, there was no argument. Usenet has, (or at least until
you arrived on the scene) always been about information exchange and
discussion. Readers can draw their own conclusions.

Second, just because YOU don't see the usefulness of a discussion,
that doesn't make it a priori a troll posting. If a whole bunch of
people had commented that my postings were designed to draw blood and
enflame people's emotions, rather than raise reasonable issues for
discussion.

So, in short, no one appointed you as the king,k czar, the kaiser, the
philopher-king, the king of kings, the shah or the Sun King. All you
prove by your unique "behavior" is that you know how to rave-and-rant.

I can assure you that you win no arguments (or friends) with this
approach. In fact, you may drive away some of the people who most
contribute to this newsgroup.

We would all be better off if you (and one or two others) confined
your comments to the technical issues that are the charter of this
group.

If you do want to engage in ad hominem attacks, then go to
alt.political.whatever.

--W-- Winey, because I am a wine interested person. It is not an
emotional state.

Or you could just ignore it and move on...

--

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:36:57 -0700, Winey <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com>
wrote:

>Eric,
>
>Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
>had "lost" an argument.

<snip>

Eep, is that you?

*plonk*

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

You are claiming you are NOT a troll? Funny, lets look at three trolls. The
first was to Odie.

Your second troll, 9-13 <<

>You do not need to hide primary partitions. Make sure you OS disk is first

Not so. Back in the day when I had a laptop with Win 98 and NT, I
also had a third partition for my data. When I booted Win 98, the
data partition was D:, which is what you would expect.

But when I booted NT, the D Drive was assigned to the Win 98 program,
and the data partition was assigned to Drive E: Not good.

Now imagine that you have a system with 3 primary partitions for let's
say Win XP, Win XP SP 2, and Win XP for "scratching around." I can
almost guarantee that the presence of 3 installs, one on each primary
partition, of MS Office, MS this-and-that, and other programs, will
confuse the bejabbers out of most of that software. Not to mention
possible confusion when installing Win XP into each partition.

Your third troll, 9-14 <<
>If you cannot change drive letters in NT you are pretty stupid.

Of course I can.
control panel
administrative tools
computer management
select disk management icon

That still doesn't minimize my point. You still run the very real
risk of "something doesn't work as expected" because of multiple
visible primary partitions. Not to mention the possibility of
operator error.

Are you going to retract your stupid claims about multiple primary partitions?
If not, you remain a troll, a very stupid one at that.

I am an acknowledged expert on NT disk support. You are not. It's as simple as
that.

"Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> Eric,
>
> Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> had "lost" an argument.
>
> First of all, there was no argument. Usenet has, (or at least until
> you arrived on the scene) always been about information exchange and
> discussion. Readers can draw their own conclusions.
>
> Second, just because YOU don't see the usefulness of a discussion,
> that doesn't make it a priori a troll posting. If a whole bunch of
> people had commented that my postings were designed to draw blood and
> enflame people's emotions, rather than raise reasonable issues for
> discussion.
>
> So, in short, no one appointed you as the king,k czar, the kaiser, the
> philopher-king, the king of kings, the shah or the Sun King. All you
> prove by your unique "behavior" is that you know how to rave-and-rant.
>
> I can assure you that you win no arguments (or friends) with this
> approach. In fact, you may drive away some of the people who most
> contribute to this newsgroup.
>
> We would all be better off if you (and one or two others) confined
> your comments to the technical issues that are the charter of this
> group.

I see you have also started a troll in comp*scsi. Are then there any group you
don't troll in?

"Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> Eric,
>
> Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> had "lost" an argument.

"Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> Eric,
>
> Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> had "lost" an argument.

(snip)

Jeez, don't bait him... Just ignore.

> "Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> > Eric,
> >
> > Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> > had "lost" an argument.
> >
> (snip)
>
> Jeez, don't bait him... Just ignore.

So you prefer trolls to experts? Let's all invite Ronny and Rod back then.

The gisin newbie exposes himself once again.

"Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@graffiti.net> wrote in message
> "Lil' Dave" <spamyourself@virus.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> > > Eric,
> > >
> > > Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> > > had "lost" an argument.
> > >
> > (snip)
> >
> > Jeez, don't bait him... Just ignore.
> >
> So you prefer trolls to experts? Let's all invite Ronny and Rod back then.

"Ron Reaugh" blurted:
> "Eric Gisin" wrote:
> > So you prefer trolls to experts? Let's all invite Ronny and Rod back then.

And Folkert, too!! <hee, hee> :)

*TimDaniels*

Winey wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Several days ago, you called me a "troll"

did IT ??!!

Some subject lines from usenet:
-------------------------------

Eric Gisin Sodomizes Sheep
Eric Gisin, Newsgroup my wise and beautiful friend Punk
Eric Gisin, Aubsiive Newsgroup Cyberpunk

Troll Alert: Eric Gisin
Troll Elimination: Eric Gisin
Let's Stop the Troll Eric Gisin!
Riding USENET of one more troll: Eric Gisin
Eliminate the Troll Eric Gisin for a cleaner newsgroup.
Time to rid the newsgroups of one more usenet punk and troll: ERIC GISIN

Newsgroup Abuser Eric Gisin
Ridding the newsgroup of Gisin
For a cleaner newsgroup, let's get rid of Gisin

"Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@graffiti.net> wrote in message
> "Lil' Dave" <spamyourself@virus.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Winey" <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote in message
> > > Eric,
> > >
> > > Several days ago, you called me a "troll" because YOU declared that I
> > > had "lost" an argument.
> > >
> > (snip)
> >
> > Jeez, don't bait him... Just ignore.
> >
> So you prefer trolls to experts? Let's all invite Ronny and Rod back then.

That's precisely what you did...

-------------------------------

smh wrote:

> Winey wrote:
> >
> > Eric,
> >
> > Several days ago, you called me a "troll"
>
> did IT ??!!
>
> Some subject lines from usenet:
> -------------------------------
>
> Eric Gisin Sodomizes Sheep
> Eric Gisin, Newsgroup my wise and beautiful friend Punk
> Eric Gisin, Aubsiive Newsgroup Cyberpunk
>
> Troll Alert: Eric Gisin
> Troll Elimination: Eric Gisin
> Let's Stop the Troll Eric Gisin!
> Riding USENET of one more troll: Eric Gisin
> Eliminate the Troll Eric Gisin for a cleaner newsgroup.
> Time to rid the newsgroups of one more usenet punk and troll: ERIC GISIN
>
> Newsgroup Abuser Eric Gisin
> Ridding the newsgroup of Gisin
> For a cleaner newsgroup, let's get rid of Gisin

Hello,

Sorry, but, practically all of those threads were started, in 2002,
by the "late," unlamented "Dr Arm®." You, yourself, reposted the "Eric
Gisin, Aubsiive Newsgroup Cyberpunk" and "Troll Alert: Eric Gisin"
subject titles, during 2003.

Just for the record, Dr Arm® was a veritable titan among trolls. Due to
such incessant newsgroup spamming, his ISP finally booted him, and he
hasn't returned to Usenet, yet.

How's Mike Richter, by the way? <g>

Cordially,
John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:29:41 -0700, "Timothy Daniels"
<TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote:

>"Ron Reaugh" blurted:
>> "Eric Gisin" wrote:
>> > So you prefer trolls to experts? Let's all invite Ronny and Rod back then.
>
> And Folkert, too!! <hee, hee> :)

Aren't they all the same bot?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:23:19 -0700, smh <smhong@mindspring.com> wrote:

>John Turco wrote:

As the original poster on this thread, I think it's time to close it
out.

We have "established" the following:

I am a "troll" per Eric Gisin

Eric Gisin is an NT disk support expert. I am not. per Eric Gisin.

A "troll" is apparently anyone who disagrees with Eric. per Eric
Gisin.

A "troll" is anyone who asks a question for which Eric (alone) knows
the answer, but feels the question-asker should have known better than
to ask the question. Per Eric Gisin.

Previously Winey <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:23:19 -0700, smh <smhong@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>John Turco wrote:
>>>

> As the original poster on this thread, I think it's time to close it
> out.

> We have "established" the following:

> I am a "troll" per Eric Gisin

> Eric Gisin is an NT disk support expert. I am not. per Eric Gisin.

> A "troll" is apparently anyone who disagrees with Eric. per Eric
> Gisin.

> A "troll" is anyone who asks a question for which Eric (alone) knows
> the answer, but feels the question-asker should have known better than
> to ask the question. Per Eric Gisin.

Hey, just ignore those people and chatterbots. There is enough
knowledgeable people here and anough people that post interesting
experience to make reading this group worthwhile.

People calling others "troll" on minimal offenses (or no offense
at all) are a usenet tradition that comes with access for everybody.
These people usually try common bully tactics and are easy to spot.

However usenet is not about "important" people talking and others
listening, it is about everybody talking and listening just as they
choose. Consequentially the related usenet tradition is the "killfile"
or other forms of filters to not see postings by people you want
to ignore.

Arno

"Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:2rbu0qF14ff8qU3@uni-berlin.de
> Previously Winey <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com> wrote:
>
> > > John Turco wrote:
> > > >

> > As the original poster on this thread, I think it's time to close it out.
>

> > We

Whoa. You are a multiple personality now too, are you?

> have "established" the following:
>
> > I am a "troll" per Eric Gisin.

And boy, doesn't this thread prove him right.

> > Eric Gisin is an NT disk support expert. I am not. per Eric Gisin.

So then, are you an NT disk support expert or are you not?
You are certainly no SCSI expert and you should have known that
the NT flavors of Windows use SCSI CDBs at a higher level.

> > A "troll" is apparently anyone who disagrees with Eric. per Eric Gisin.
>
> > A "troll" is anyone who asks a question for which Eric (alone) knows
> > the answer, but feels the question-asker should have known better than
> > to ask the question. Per Eric Gisin.

Obviously your multiple personality working overtime here.

> Hey, just ignore those people and

> chatterbots.

Funny that, coming from you, a regular "chatterbox".
One feature of trolls is that they often take the offence in
stead of the defence.
"I win, if I beat 'm first". " It's not me, it's you". Right Arnie?

> There is enough knowledgeable people here and anough people that
> post interesting experience to make reading this group worthwhile.
>
> People calling others "troll" on minimal offenses (or no offense
> at all) are a usenet tradition that comes with access for everybody.
> These people usually try common bully tactics and are easy to spot.
>
> However usenet is not about "important" people talking and others
> listening, it is about everybody talking and listening just as they choose.
> Consequentially the related usenet tradition is the "killfile" or other
> forms of filters to not see postings by people you want to ignore.
>
> Arno

Cease trolling.

"Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message

"Rod Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote:

>Cease trolling.

You crack me up, Rod^Hn.

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

John Turco wrote:
> smh wrote:

> > > Perhaps it's just me, and yet, I sense a strong dislike for Mike
> > > Richter, on your part. :-D
> >
> > Thus I made up the above, I presume?
>
> I didn't imply that you did.
>
> Nevertheless, what has your constant bashing of Mike Richter ever
> accomplished?

What should be accomplished? Do you have a criteria for judging the
accomplishment? Anyhow, at least it got your - and others' - attention.

You call it bashing, but I call it exposing unadultered, white LIES and
FRAUDS. And the 'constant' bashing is brought on by Mikey's 'constant'
and continual LIES and FRAUDS.

> Computer newsgroups are intended for the helpful exchange
> of information -- they shouldn't be used as online battlegrounds!

I am helping by exposing misinformation -- LIES and FRAUDS.

> There >are< other NG's, dedicated (exclusively) to such flame-fests,
> however. Maybe you might consider taking your "cause" to one of those
> groups, eh?

Flame? First of all, my posts are mostly nothing but quoting Mikey's
own posts. Why is quoting Mikey's own posts flames?

Why am I posting about Mikey in this NG? Wonder who was the smart
alecky friggin jerk that asked this:

How's Mike Richter, by the way? <g>

> After all, your tirades are frequently off the "Richter Scale," as it
> were! <g>

Bashing, flame, and now tirades! Stuff them up yours!

BTW, Tim Kroesen (Net-Kook) used to append "<g>" to almost every word he
spewed. I reminded him often:

<g> - Idiot's perpetual silly grin

We'd all really rather not even hear that ninnies name here. Please stop
with these disgusting thread titles.

"smh" <smhong@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> . --------------------------------------
> Mike Richter, were you born with
> "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
> --------------------------------------
> (Mike Richter, any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)
>
> John Turco wrote:
> > smh wrote:

> > > Thus I made up the above, I presume?
> >
> > I didn't imply that you did.
> >
> > Nevertheless, what has your constant bashing of Mike Richter ever
> > accomplished?
>
> What should be accomplished? Do you have a criteria for judging the
> accomplishment? Anyhow, at least it got your - and others' - attention.
>
> You call it bashing, but I call it exposing unadultered, white LIES and
> FRAUDS. And the 'constant' bashing is brought on by Mikey's 'constant'
> and continual LIES and FRAUDS.
>
> > Computer newsgroups are intended for the helpful exchange
> > of information -- they shouldn't be used as online battlegrounds!
>
> I am helping by exposing misinformation -- LIES and FRAUDS.
>
> > There >are< other NG's, dedicated (exclusively) to such flame-fests,
> > however. Maybe you might consider taking your "cause" to one of those
> > groups, eh?
>
> Flame? First of all, my posts are mostly nothing but quoting Mikey's
> own posts. Why is quoting Mikey's own posts flames?
>
> Why am I posting about Mikey in this NG? Wonder who was the smart
> alecky friggin jerk that asked this:
>
> How's Mike Richter, by the way? <g>
>
> > After all, your tirades are frequently off the "Richter Scale," as it
> > were! <g>
>
> Bashing, flame, and now tirades! Stuff them up yours!
>
> BTW, Tim Kroesen (Net-Kook) used to append "<g>" to almost every word he
> spewed. I reminded him often:
>
> <g> - Idiot's perpetual silly grin

So Ronnie, what ever happened to your 75GXPs in RAID 0?

> So Ronnie, what ever happened to your 75GXPs in RAID 0?

So the whinning ninny posts a thread complaining about being stalked in a
thread titled just for him and then proceeds to commence stalking himself
and thereby extending that thread.

They always do expose themselves in public. The gisin newbie never was a
bright one.

> "Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@graffiti.net> wrote in message
> > So Ronnie, what ever happened to your 75GXPs in RAID 0?
>
> So the whinning ninny posts a thread complaining about being stalked in a
> thread titled just for him and then proceeds to commence stalking himself
> and thereby extending that thread.
>
> They always do expose themselves in public. The gisin newbie never was a
> bright one.

So Ronnie, tell us again about the IBM slime cult that was stalking you over
dead 75GXPs. That was a scary story!

Case proved.