An OS wasn't found

Gurkaran

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Hi , My Laptop was out of storage so I was performing a factory data reset there were 4 stages when the system was creating a new windows/system my mom came and forcely closed the laptop the next time I tried to perform another factory data reset thinking that it might help but it didn't.It started to stop continuing the process at start So I tried to boot it from a bootable usb device containg Windows Xp. But then it started showing"An OS wasnt found" I still don't know what to do Do I have to remove the internal HDD or something else?please help System:- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 .So can I Install linux on it with bootable disc

Exactly what happens when you try to do a factory restore again from the built-in restore partition? Does it start? When does it fail and what is the exact message? Does it give you an error code? The disk may have gotten damaged or developed a file system issue when it was shut off during the first restore. You may need to get a set of disks from the laptop vendor to do the restore.