[SOLVED] An upgrade

Solution
As the owner of a 2060 KO and a 2080, I'd recommend either the 2060 super ($400) or the 2070 super ($500); the super series is of higher performance per dollar than the straight-up non-super cards. I would choose one of these over the 1080 because that card is four years old. It's architecture has been improved upon significantly with the Turing cards which have GDDR6 memory, Ray-tracing cores, tensor cores, an improved video encoder, lower power consumption, etc, etc. I see no reason to get a significantly older card and miss out on several years of improvements unless you can get it for significantly less than the Turing series you're comparing it with for similar performance. Even then, it probably won't age as well as an equivalent...
As the owner of a 2060 KO and a 2080, I'd recommend either the 2060 super ($400) or the 2070 super ($500); the super series is of higher performance per dollar than the straight-up non-super cards. I would choose one of these over the 1080 because that card is four years old. It's architecture has been improved upon significantly with the Turing cards which have GDDR6 memory, Ray-tracing cores, tensor cores, an improved video encoder, lower power consumption, etc, etc. I see no reason to get a significantly older card and miss out on several years of improvements unless you can get it for significantly less than the Turing series you're comparing it with for similar performance. Even then, it probably won't age as well as an equivalent 20XX series card. But that's just me.

Solution
Nov 22, 2019
As the owner of a 2060 KO and a 2080, I'd recommend either the 2060 super ($400) or the 2070 super ($500); the super series is of higher performance per dollar than the straight-up non-super cards. I would choose one of these over the 1080 because that card is four years old. It's architecture has been improved upon significantly with the Turing cards which have GDDR6 memory, Ray-tracing cores, tensor cores, an improved video encoder, lower power consumption, etc, etc. I see no reason to get a significantly older card and miss out on several years of improvements unless you can get it for significantly less than the Turing series you're comparing it with for similar performance. Even then, it probably won't age as well as an equivalent 20XX series card. But that's just me.
Yo thank you so much you made my choice!
Edit( ended up getting the 2070 super)

Last edited: