Analyst: 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro Due in Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
This news has my attention, throw in a SSD drive and wow, a nice upgrade to what I have now. Looked at the 15" one at Best Buy, too big and pricey for me but the display looks outstanding. I love my slightly older 13" Macbook pro and OS X is the best. The haters can hate but OS X just works and for my usage it is the best OS I have ever used for ease of use. The Macbook Pro is the Ferrari of laptops.
OK haters, start the hate now.

ForTehNguyen

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
13 inch "Pro" machine? lol

you cant just put any SSD in there, its a complete different SSD form factor which looks more like a stick of RAM than an SSD.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]yobobjm[/nom]Lets be real here, this is apple and it still is going to be expensive.[/citation]
Lets be real here, its still going to have the best screen you can get in a 13" laptop. You pay for that privilege. Just wish some of the windows pc makers would get the good screens goin cause I'd wanna be able to use standard ram and a standard SSD as well.

G

yup, it's true. apple is always the one to push higher pixel densities first, then everyone follows. and it's not like the displays are manufactured by apple, either.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]anon4eva[/nom]yup, it's true. apple is always the one to push higher pixel densities first, then everyone follows. and it's not like the displays are manufactured by apple, either.[/citation]
Too bad that a fancy screen on an Apple device is akin to lipstick on a pig.

I math'ed out just what visual acuity you'd need to even tell the difference between two adjacent pixels on that 2880x1800 15.4" screen at an 18-inch viewing distance, and it's 20/12. Even sharper vision is required if it's farther away from your eyes. Point is that very few people are even capable of seeing that sharply. Because retina(tm) displays are pretty much Apple's only selling point besides "everyone else is buying it", I conclude that Apple devices are a horrible choice to purchase.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]This news has my attention, throw in a SSD drive and wow, a nice upgrade to what I have now. Looked at the 15" one at Best Buy, too big and pricey for me but the display looks outstanding. I love my slightly older 13" Macbook pro and OS X is the best. The haters can hate but OS X just works and for my usage it is the best OS I have ever used for ease of use. The Macbook Pro is the Ferrari of laptops.OK haters, start the hate now.[/citation]
I never saw a Ferrari loose to a Fiat Punto.

Status
Not open for further replies.