Analyst: 35M iPhone 5 Units Sold in Q4, 52M Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

analgin4o

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
And how many of these 52M shipped units are actually sold? How many of all are staying on the shelves of the shops and warehouses, how many of them are replacement for any reason under warranty conditions. I didn't knew that replacements due warranty or any other reason are marked as "sold" devices! Don't believe to those PR gimmicks people - the real numbers are maybe the half of those 52M, maybe even lower. My apologies - English is not my first language!

G

An analyst believes Apple sold a total of 52 million iPhone units during the fourth quarter of 2012....

thus the rest of the article is worthless! Zak strikes again!

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]analgin4o[/nom]And how many of these 52M shipped units are actually sold? How many of all are staying on the shelves of the shops and warehouses, how many of them are replacement for any reason under warranty conditions. I didn't knew that replacements due warranty or any other reason are marked as "sold" devices! Don't believe to those PR gimmicks people - the real numbers are maybe the half of those 52M, maybe even lower. My apologies - English is not my first language![/citation]

half? What are you insane? Its easily to correlate iPad, iPhone sales with their SEC filings. When Apple releases their numbers (most companies don't even give specific about products as Apple does, so give them credit). Apple has a very, very high sell rate and low inventory compared to overall sales. No other mobile phone maker comes close to their revenue, profits, sales of flagship smartphones per quarter. Not saying their good, just market data reality.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Looks like up to 54M will get lost using Apple Maps. Oh well, iPhone users are already lost, anyway.[/citation]
Nope. I have Google Maps installed. You know, the App everyone predicted Apple would block from the App Store because Apple is so "closed". /S

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Seems that some analysts overestimated how much Apple can persuade its customers to pay more.Still have to give credit to Apple for its marketing...[/citation]
There was a report just a couple weeks ago showing marketing spending of HP, Dell, MS, Apple and Samsung and guess who spent the least? Apple. Samsung outspends the other 4 COMBINED.

But you go on believing the myth Apple only sells because of marketing.

G

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]There was a report just a couple weeks ago showing marketing spending of HP, Dell, MS, Apple and Samsung and guess who spent the least? Apple. Samsung outspends the other 4 COMBINED.But you go on believing the myth Apple only sells because of marketing.[/citation]
Apple gets free publicity from the media. Others don't get the same treatment.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Apple gets free publicity from the media. Others don't get the same treatment.[/citation]

Yes they do, good and bad. Mostly bad as it generates the most hits for sites. Funny thing is the haters who flood Apple articles are the ones putting Apple in the spotlight and giving them even more "free publicity".

Status
Not open for further replies.