Analyzing Leaked Specs Of The "Hima," HTC's Next-Gen Flagship Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

stairmastern1nja

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
1920x1080 seems to be the perfect resolution for phone screens below 5.5 inchs. Side by side I cannot see the practical difference between my GS5 and a 5.5 inch LG G3. Also I don't see the need for 64 bit to be a make it or break it feature this gen. Yeah down the road more apps will take advantage of it but with less than 4gb of ram, or the iphones 1gb, it's really no more practical than a 1440p screen. Some may feel different thats just my view.

LordConrad

Distinguished
1920x1080 seems to be the perfect resolution for phone screens below 5.5 inchs. Side by side I cannot see the practical difference between my GS5 and a 5.5 inch LG G3. Also I don't see the need for 64 bit to be a make it or break it feature this gen. Yeah down the road more apps will take advantage of it but with less than 4gb of ram, or the iphones 1gb, it's really no more practical than a 1440p screen. Some may feel different thats just my view.
I think the screen size limit for "Full HD" is a bit higher. My Nexus 7 (2013) has a 1920x1200 screen that is very crisp with no visible pixels. I see no sense in increasing the resolution beyond this point on screens 7 inches or smaller.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I think the screen size limit for "Full HD" is a bit higher. My Nexus 7 (2013) has a 1920x1200 screen that is very crisp with no visible pixels. I see no sense in increasing the resolution beyond this point on screens 7 inches or smaller.
Even on screens of 17" or less, I have seen little difference between Quad HD screens and regular HD screens. 1920*1080 is good enough for 17" and less screens today. For larger than that? Yeah, bumping up the resolution is something that needs to be done.

Nuck Chorris

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Good job HTC, 1080p is already more than enough for a 5" inch screen and having a larger resolution would only result in a worse battery life and performance.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Even with my eyeballs literally pressed against the m7's screen, I struggle to make out individual pixels. >1080p on such small screens is absolutely an unnecessary marketing gimmick.

dakarli2

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
HTC offers two new tweets with exclusive information about both HTC and HTC Hima Hima Ultra Ace.
with HTC Hima Ace, all strategies for reducing production costs are considered, rightly so why on E8, a plastic design replaces the traditional aluminum unibody.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
promotion galaxy note 3 achat iphone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS