Anand's good reading on Intel CPU

pat

Expert
This is what Intel plans for the next months...

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2329" target="_new">Read it here</A>

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

endyen

Splendid
Moz posted that in a thread a while ago.
I cant believe how very much like a pr piece that is. I wonder how much Intel paid for it, or maybe they just got a couple hundred systems instead.
You will note, no mention of tdp, those suckers are going to put out 135 watts.
The part I really liked was where they said mobile parts were always on time. Can anyone think of a mobile Intel chip that was on time? Seriously, dothan was supposed to be out a year ago last september.
It might have been nice if they talked a bit about intel's em64ty performance, but not a word. There are a lot of ommisions, and just a couple of pounds too much sugar.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I saw a site last night where someone had OC'd a 3.6 to 4.3 and had the memory up to 711. Ive gotten mine up to 1040 on the FSB with the multiplier unlocked. The best that I have done so far with the RAM is 667, but OCing one of these puppies is complex compared to the 478, AGP, and regular DDR. There are alot more variables that must be considered wtih the 775 and PCIexpress.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue:

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Where's P4man I thought I mentioned something about this.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Pipeline is the same, latency isn't. The L2 on Irwindale is slower than the L3 on Gallatin (the OLD EE, now replaced by Irwindale as well). X86-Secret has a review of both, neither are impressive in the least (the 3.73EE is barely faster than the 3.46EE, if at all and the 6xx is no more than 5% faster in anything than the 5xx yet costs 25% more).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

TRENDING THREADS