• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question ' and @ on a UK keyboard doesn't work unless held for 2 seconds

irevidedxl

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
I'm on Windows 10 and got a UK keyboard and when I want to type ' or @ I need to press it for a good second for it to show up, but when it does show up it spams '''''''''''' or @@@@@@@ so I always have to backspace it every time which is annoying and also it takes too long for it to appear on screen.

It's definitely not a keyboard issue since I've tested it with a physical US layout keyboard as well on the UK Windows keyboard setting and it's the same issue. But when I switch from UK to US then those buttons work perfectly

Sticky keys were off as default if anyone and I've done a Windows reset as well.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS