baseballer.cs

Prominent
May 9, 2018
1) First of all I would like to ask should I get the Ryzen 5 3600 for $200 or the 3600x for $250. 2) Also what would be the best motherboard to pair with said processor? The GPU is an rtx 2060. 3) I have also heard rumors of gddr5 ram so should I wait for this to come out first at the end of the year? 4) Or just wait for the new 4000 series from and next year? I appreciate the replies and if you could bullet your answers for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Thank you I did mean DDR5 do you know what would be a great motherboard for this cpu that doesn’t break the bank? I plan on overclocking the cpu.
If you want X570 with PCIe 4.0 then I'd go for the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, has two USB type A 3.1 Gen 2 ports and a single 3.1 Gen 2 Type C Port, available WiFi, and a 5 year warranty. I believe they retail for around or slightly under $200 USD. If you don't need PCIe 4.0 then a B450 motherboard will suffice, even some of the lower end ones, since you aren't going to be getting any serious overclocking success with a Ryzen 3000 chip. Also the 3600 is the far better buy, something like 98% of the 3600X's performance for $50 less. The only reason to get the 3600X is if you want the...
1) First of all I would like to ask should I get the Ryzen 5 3600 for $200 or the 3600x for $250. 2) Also what would be the best motherboard to pair with said processor? The GPU is an rtx 2060. 3) I have also heard rumors of gddr5 ram so should I wait for this to come out first at the end of the year? 4) Or just wait for the new 4000 series from and next year? I appreciate the replies and if you could bullet your answers for me it would be greatly appreciated.
3600 is better buy than 3600x because in real world performance is almost same and if you are willing to do a bit of OC identical so not worth 50 bucks more.
gddr5 already exist in graphic cards, you must be thinking of DDR5 but that's not likely to be common place for at least a year or two and does not seem to be some earth shaking event. DDR4 is still able to deliver up to 6000MHz.
Ryzen 4000 is not likely to have DDR5 compatibility either.
Whether you should be waiting for all of that depends mostly on what you have now and how satisfied you are with it. My philosophy is that if I waited for something even newer, I would have to wait forever !!

baseballer.cs

Prominent
May 9, 2018
3600 is better buy than 3600x because in real world performance is almost same and if you are willing to do a bit of OC identical so not worth 50 bucks more.
gddr5 already exist in graphic cards, you must be thinking of DDR5 but that's not likely to be common place for at least a year or two and does not seem to be some earth shaking event. DDR4 is still able to deliver up to 6000MHz.
Ryzen 4000 is not likely to have DDR5 compatibility either.
Whether you should be waiting for all of that depends mostly on what you have now and how satisfied you are with it. My philosophy is that if I waited for something even newer, I would have to wait forever !!
Thank you I did mean DDR5 do you know what would be a great motherboard for this cpu that doesn’t break the bank? I plan on overclocking the cpu.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
If you want X570 with PCIe 4.0 then I'd go for the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, has two USB type A 3.1 Gen 2 ports and a single 3.1 Gen 2 Type C Port, available WiFi, and a 5 year warranty. I believe they retail for around or slightly under $200 USD. If you don't need PCIe 4.0 then a B450 motherboard will suffice, even some of the lower end ones, since you aren't going to be getting any serious overclocking success with a Ryzen 3000 chip. Also the 3600 is the far better buy, something like 98% of the 3600X's performance for $50 less. The only reason to get the 3600X is if you want the better stock cooler.

Solution