Android 3.0 Sample Tablets Available by Dec. '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ares1214

Splendid
Good job Android. From the many smartphones ive used, Android has been the best. Blackberry and IOS are a bit too locked down, W6.1 and 6.5 were bad, 7 doesnt look horrid, but havent used it, but android has always been the best, for me atleast. Has been getting the best phones lately too. Really gaining speed in the market.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
My only concern is how many of the devices currently running Android now will be able to move to 3.0. Updating the OS regularly is a good thing, but not if a large part of your user-base get's left behind. I am currently running the Nexus One and I would like to think I am covered but there were a number of users who couldn't move to Froyo!

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I am thrilled to see Android continuing to grow. I am also wondering if my phone (HTC Magic) will be able to keep up and if the manufacturer will port it to my hardware, or if they're too busy with the new stuff to look back on those who started early on.

Trouble is, I'm an eternal optimist - if they don't explicitly say no, I keep hoping.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Its quite uncertain but as i have read it seems that Android 3.0 has strict hard ware requirements and most of low end devices might not support the upgrade.
Hope that this doesn't happens and all devices could get upgrade.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mman74[/nom]My only concern is how many of the devices currently running Android now will be able to move to 3.0. Updating the OS regularly is a good thing, but not if a large part of your user-base get's left behind. I am currently running the Nexus One and I would like to think I am covered but there were a number of users who couldn't move to Froyo![/citation]
The N1 will get Gingerbread. It's the internal development phone.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Good job Android. From the many smartphones ive used, Android has been the best. Blackberry and IOS are a bit too locked down, W6.1 and 6.5 were bad, 7 doesnt look horrid, but havent used it, but android has always been the best, for me atleast. Has been getting the best phones lately too. Really gaining speed in the market.[/citation]
Actually WM6.5 isn't bad just underpowered. Albeit I use a custom WM6.5 rom myself. To be honest if I could buy a W7 phone and flash it with custom 6.5 rom that would make me smile.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
The key to Android growth is going to be upcoming tablet pricing. Samsung has set their price higher than the iPad, and it will have trouble competing at that price. If someone steps up with a $300 tablet then Android will skyrocket.

M3d

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]The key to Android growth is going to be upcoming tablet pricing. Samsung has set their price higher than the iPad, and it will have trouble competing at that price. If someone steps up with a $300 tablet then Android will skyrocket.[/citation]

Archo's 10.1 Froyo tablet will start at $300 for the 8GB version and ~$380 for the 16GB one (plus a MircoSD slot).

If the supposed requirements for 3.0 is true, then most (if not all) of the devices won't be upgradable to 3.0. This because I think I saw a requirement for a "1280X720" resolution.

I hope I am wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.