Android 4.1 Makes Its Way to TouchPad via Cyanogenmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
good for touchpad owners.

My favorite feature from jelly bean is definitely project butter.
After trying JB on a friend's galaxy nexus, I can say that the touch sensitivity and UI performance is like night and day compared to ICS.
Kudos to the android team.

csbeer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Major props to XDA devs and others who have helped made my TP the best thing I've bought in a decade (cost wise that is).

G

Lol they think we care about WebOS than the AWESOME DEVS for the Touchpad get one of the first devices loaded with jelly bean (only preview though :( buggy).

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
LOL.... and considering the costs and time involved to make 4.1 work on an orphaned device, can someone explain why its taking RIM 3 years to upgrade their phones to a modern OS? They really should have gone Android.

RIM won't be around long enough to play the Duke-Nuke'em "Its ready when its ready" game... I bet if BB10 comes out next April - it would mean that Android would have gone thru 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 since it was due last Jan/Feb.

Android is getting quite slick... iOS 6 is a touch-up of iOS5... it will be good, but no big deal. Windows8 is going anti-slick.

Wonder if the CEO of RIM is still telling himself "buying QNX was a good idea, buying QNX was a good idea". (Nothing wrong with QNX itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.