Android 4.3 Firmware Spotted, May Hit "Nexus" Gadgets in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I don't know why companies like Samsung, or even google for that matter, let these carriers put their garbage on these phones. Apple doesn't let them put a whole bunch of crap on the iphone. How many people buy an iphone to avoid that crap? Companies like Samsung are loosing sales because they won't stand up to the nickle and diming SOB carriers.

Your phone working fine? If so, don't obsess over latest OS version, the OS is just a canvas to run the apps you need. Having the latest version means sometimes you become a beta tester.
If you really have to have it, get a Nexus device or a GE edition of the phones.
In many respects 4.1 is better and more stable than 4.2. I don't care anyways, because the version-specific apps are made available on Play, so I can have them regardless of the OS version.

nexians

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
4.2.2 was great, to see the improvements over the years since cupcake version is phenomenal, eagerly waiting for 4.3, please google don't include battery draining issues for once.

joemehnert

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
why wait? great thing about android si the community of nerds who support it. I'm already running some 4.3 features on my i717 original galaxy note. camera, boot screen,lLW. this is on top of a base 4.2.2. @grandmastersexsay i think you may be a tad confused. I do get what you are saying but it may have come out wrong. Basically root your phone. put a new OS on it. IF something happens and you need warranty repair you can 99% of the time put it back to normal/ reset flash counter.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
It should be a crime that this isn't released to everyone who's phone can run it. The whole "have to root it" is BS for 90% of the population.

It's like buying a brand new Dell Laptop and it runs Windows Vista and Dell is responsible for porting Windows 7 or 8 for your system. One of the biggest mistakes in OS design, Google.

Windows, Linux (which Android is based) Mac OS, all update independently of the hardware. Google needs to redesign the way the core OS updates so people can get security and bug fixes at the minimum and let the manufacturers do "driver" updates.

I'm glad my Nexus 7 gets the OS update, and probably lucky people with 1-2 year old Samsung hardware, the rest of the Android community needs to fend for itself. Hi dad, root your phone with Cyanogen blah blah blah - Lost a customer to Apple

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Capitalism.

Her "work" involves a webcam.
Anyhoo, enjoy your banhammer. Your spamming link has been reported.

boby1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
I am using 4.2.2 on my almost 4 years old HTC HD2 for 2 months already. And there is no bloatware and shit. Hahaha!

boby1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
I am using 4.2.2 on my almost 4 years old HTC HD2 for 2 months already. And there is no bloatware and shit. Hahaha!

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Just where the @#$@#$ are the new Nexus phones. Yeah, Yeah, I know that LG wont be making them. I saw Googles announcement about where they were going with the next Motorola phones. Meanwhile .. zip.

dan lan

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
smartphones that will be released in July and later as <a href="http://www.galaxynote-2.com/galaxy-note-3/" >galaxy note 3</a> should host android 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.